A little help please

I retired last year and no loger have access to upsers.com.I am about to purchase a new car and wondered if anybody with access to upsers.com could help me get the link to the chrysler site for employee discount pricing. Thanks R804

Thanks swing drv for your response but you gave me the link to the gm discount,do you or anybody else out there have the link and access code for chrysler discounts. Thanks

ups79

Thanks swing drv for your response but you gave me the link to the gm discount,do you or anybody else out there have the link and access code for chrysler discounts. Thanks

You are not going to get that good of a deal. It might even cost you more if they know that you are or were an employee of UPS, for they then know you make or made big bucks and are going to buy with or without the, in their minds a, discount.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I was out car shopping today, and the corp car discount for a 30K Ford was only a little over a grand. We were looking for an Escape Hybrid, but it is a 6 month wait and the discount doesn't apply to certain models, including this one. There are some good financing deals from car dealers trying to clear out 07 models. I don't know if you have to be a current employee to get the Corp Plan. If you price one on the internet through some websites, they may knock off about a thousand bucks.

ups79

I was out car shopping today, and the corp car discount for a 30K Ford was only a little over a grand. We were looking for an Escape Hybrid, but it is a 6 month wait and the discount doesn't apply to certain models, including this one. There are some good financing deals from car dealers trying to clear out 07 models. I don't know if you have to be a current employee to get the Corp Plan.

They might say they give you $1000.00 discount but watch out for what they offer you for your trade-in.

Fnix

I would expect to see them offer a discount on Hybrid vehicles, I guess not. There are incentives here if you buy them.

Last edited by a moderator:

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I would expect to see them offer a discount on Hybrid vehicles, I guess not. There are incentives here if you buy them.

There is a $3000 tax reduction on this particular car since it is a hybrid, but there are no discounts, in fact some dealers are charging $2000 over list because of the low supply. There is a 330Volt special battery for this thing that is holding up production because it can't be made in enough quantities, meaning a 6 to 9 month if you special order them. 34 mpg city/30 mpg on highway. I drove one today that listed for 34K, but we were looking for a more basic model for about 27K. They are impossible to find, we are going to look for something else.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
What kind of discounts can you get on Chrysler/Cars?

retired804, I PMed you with your info, I hope that helped. UPS employees and retirees get a 1% below factory invoice plus $75 administration fee from what I read. Thanks for buying American.

upsgrunt

I'm not plugging Honda, I drive a Yukon XL, but aren't Hondas made in Ohio? By the way, I get 20 m.p.g. and have all the room our family ever needs with a ride that is incredible. If this is what you need I suggest checking one of these out. I went from a mini van to this in May and could never go back.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Used 2005 Corvette

Fnix,
Interesting you bought that up. I bought a used '69 Vett back when I was eighteen and I kept it 25 years. The only car I ever sold for a profit, three times what I paid for it. 32 coats pearl white lacquer, L46 350ci/350hp engine, 4-speed Muncie transmission. I miss that car, I had almost bought a "64 Stingray ragtop before it, that was a missed investment!

I'm not plugging Honda, I drive a Yukon XL, but aren't Hondas made in Ohio? By the way, I get 20 m.p.g. and have all the room our family ever needs with a ride that is incredible. If this is what you need I suggest checking one of these out. I went from a mini van to this in May and could never go back.

We are car shopping for my wife. We had a couple of Caravans when the kids were small, then we got her a '04 Trailblazer on a lease, which was a bad mistake. We like it, but we visit the gas pumps way too much. We decided to downsize into something more economical, kids are in college and we want to travel more. Cars are just a "box" to ride around in to me, I don't care about impressing strangers on the road with what I drive these days.

UPS Lifer

Four years ago I used the UPS discount to buy a Jeep Rubicon. It was the painless deal I ever made. The dealership showes me the invoice and wrote up the deal. They made around $200. The big rub was that it was the color red and at the time they were getting inquiries as far away as Denver for the car. They didn't want to give it up and the sales manager was not happy about it. I felt so bad.....NOT!

The reason I know this was I asked why it was taking so long to get the paperwork done. I must have waited a half hour for the salesperson to come back to the cubicle.

Pollocknbrown

Fnix,
Interesting you bought that up. I bought a used '69 Vett back when I was eighteen and I kept it 25 years. The only car I ever sold for a profit, three times what I paid for it. 32 coats pearl white lacquer, L46 350ci/350hp engine, 4-speed Muncie transmission. I miss that car, I had almost bought a "64 Stingray ragtop before it, that was a missed investment!

We are car shopping for my wife. We had a couple of Caravans when the kids were small, then we got her a '04 Trailblazer on a lease, which was a bad mistake. We like it, but we visit the gas pumps way too much. We decided to downsize into something more economical, kids are in college and we want to travel more. Cars are just a "box" to ride around in to me, I don't care about impressing strangers on the road with what I drive these days.

Thats why GM should have stuck with making the style blazer i got (the style they stopped in 05 ), very roomy, even the two-door model, really good gas mileage (for as large as the 4.3L V6 engine is, since its based off a V8) (18 on a bad week, 22 on good).

kingOFchester

Buy american hahahahhahaha

My cars:
1) 1997 Toyota Corolla 109,000 miles and never had anything done to it except routine mainatnce and a clutch that as just done. Owes me nothing.
2) 2007 Toyota Corolla 19,000 miles and no problems and hopefuly will continue to be a good car
3) 2001 Ford F250. 31,000 miles and has been in and out for repairs more then I care to remember. Nothing is ever covered by waranty and spent close to 3,500k in repairs not including my rental expenses.

when I got Toyota #2, I traded my 1990 Honda Accord with 120,000 miles that never gave me trouble.

keep money in the US......well I will buy Toyotas and Honda and spend my the money that would of gone to repairs to help keep the economy going. Sorry, but I have had several american cars and all gave me trouble. Ford Mustang, chevy Camaro, Buick La sabre, Olds omega to name a few.

Pollocknbrown

Re: Buy american hahahahhahaha

My cars:
1) 1997 Toyota Corolla 109,000 miles and never had anything done to it except routine mainatnce and a clutch that as just done. Owes me nothing.
2) 2007 Toyota Corolla 19,000 miles and no problems and hopefuly will continue to be a good car
3) 2001 Ford F250. 31,000 miles and has been in and out for repairs more then I care to remember. Nothing is ever covered by waranty and spent close to 3,500k in repairs not including my rental expenses.

when I got Toyota #2, I traded my 1990 Honda Accord with 120,000 miles that never gave me trouble.

keep money in the US......well I will buy Toyotas and Honda and spend my the money that would of gone to repairs to help keep the economy going. Sorry, but I have had several american cars and all gave me trouble. Ford Mustang, chevy Camaro, Buick La sabre, Olds omega to name a few.

No offense, but the only time i've had problems with vehicles is when the operator (myself) did sometime to cause it (use to have a used 85 chevy pickup beat the hell out of it offroading and during the winters up here, was always fixing something, but didnt mind since the older the car the easier to work on them). And if u have a history of cars giving u troubles, maybe its not the cars?

Last edited: