A Lump Of Coal For Fred S This Christmas

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
The Grinch looks like a rank amateur in comparison to you Mr Smith. You're an amalgation of Mr Scrooge, Dr. Evil, and Satan all rolled into one mean-spirited little man who is so cheap he squeaks when he walks. You basically do everything you can to pick the money out of your employee's pockets, while lining yours and those of every politician you can buy off. Those you can't buy outright, you schmooze with free travel junkets aboard Fedex corporate aircraft so they will do your bidding. In the meantime, you slash full-time hrs by hiring scads of part-timers, enforce mandatory split-shifts, and let our vehicle fleet decline into a bunch of rattling, clanking wrecks. The list goes on and on...
Next year I hope you get the present you really deserve....a union.

over9five

Staff member
"Next year I hope you get the present you really deserve....a union."

It won't happen. The employees of Fred have no pride; no self esteem. They do the same job as us for $5 an hour less. Fred treats them worse than UPS ever dreamed of, and they sit there and eat it.

They are whipped.

Jumperwire

Parceling the Fla coast
"Next year I hope you get the present you really deserve....a union."

It won't happen. The employees of Fred have no pride; no self esteem. They do the same job as us for $5 an hour less. Fred treats them worse than UPS ever dreamed of, and they sit there and eat it.

They are whipped.
$5.00 per hour less and with 1/2 the volume....It couldn't have happened to a better company and at a better time!!!! Now Hoffa need's to get in there and unionize those wannabees:thumbup1::thumbup1:

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Fred will repay our effforts during Peak over the next few weeks, when volume drops off sharply. Split-shifts will probably be mandatory every day, and management will be pushed to try and force people to go home with below minimum guaranteed hours. It goes from 65 hrs a week and "God,we need you" to around 30-35 hrs a week and "GO AWAY,you're costing us money!!!". Routes will be collapsed, and the drivers that aren't sent home will have a miserable day trying to cover several routes by themselves. Couriers that insist on getting minimum hours will be badgered by managers for "not being team players". In other words, bend over, grab your ankles, and take one for the team...directly in your wallet.
Maybe you're right that most FedEx people are so pussified that they'll never stand-up for their rights...I hope not. With the softening economy and rising fuel prices FedEx upper management will be pushing harder than ever to pick our pockets clean. Perhaps it's finally gone far enough and labor will grow a set of balls and push back.
I'm assuming that your labor agreement forbids split-shifts and other such shenanigans at UPS.

Jumperwire

Parceling the Fla coast
Fred will repay our effforts during Peak over the next few weeks, when volume drops off sharply. Split-shifts will probably be mandatory every day, and management will be pushed to try and force people to go home with below minimum guaranteed hours. It goes from 65 hrs a week and "God,we need you" to around 30-35 hrs a week and "GO AWAY,you're costing us money!!!". Routes will be collapsed, and the drivers that aren't sent home will have a miserable day trying to cover several routes by themselves. Couriers that insist on getting minimum hours will be badgered by managers for "not being team players". In other words, bend over, grab your ankles, and take one for the team...directly in your wallet.
Maybe you're right that most FedEx people are so pussified that they'll never stand-up for their rights...I hope not. With the softening economy and rising fuel prices FedEx upper management will be pushing harder than ever to pick our pockets clean. Perhaps it's finally gone far enough and labor will grow a set of balls and push back.
I'm assuming that your labor agreement forbids split-shifts and other such shenanigans at UPS.
Without saying this the wrong way, you guy's and gal's at Fed Ex shouldn't complain. If you where unionized there would be no "shenanigan's" going on. Don't get me wrong I'm not saying being union is 100% perfect but alot of the complaint's you have would never happen if you were union. It's time to suck it up get in touch with your local teamster office and start the process. Maybe if one building goes it may start a domino effect. How much longer are you going to put up with it???

DS

Fenderbender
Why doesn't fred dissolve the ground division and incorporate it into the express side of the operation and make the ft drivers do it all like we do? Its just dumb to have 2 fedex trucks delivering to the same addresses every day.As far as unionizing goes shop around.The ibt only uses your dues to benefit themselves .IMHO

satellitedriver

Sounds exactly like what happens at UPS after peak.

UP$ will repay our efforts during Peak over the next few weeks, when volume drops off sharply. It goes from 65 hrs a week and "God,we need you" to around 65 hrs a week and you're costing us money, so you get to run trash runs!!!". Routes will be collapsed, and the drivers that aren't sent home will have a miserable day trying to cover parts of several routes added to their own. Drivers that insist on getting minimum hours will be badgered by managers for "not being team players" and told that we have to just "bite the bullet". In other words, bend over, grab your ankles, and take one for the team...directly in your wazoo .The difference between peak and after peak is how spread out the stops are. You don't have to worry about losing money, just your health.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Hey,there really IS a Santa!!! I just read on the home page of this site that the IRS may be going after Fred for up to $1.5 billion in back taxes relating to the FedEx Ground fiasco. So Mr. Smith got more than 1 lump in his stocking....doesn't look like his political buddies will be able to get him off the hook for this one. THANK YOU SANTA!!! Of course, he'll try and extract the money out of his Express employees, but it's still good news. 2008 isn't going to be his year.

moreluck

golden ticket member
MrFedEx.....it's amazing too how 'political buddies' will distance themselves at the first sign of trouble. Looking forward to that !!

Brown Dog

Brown since 81
We will be working "hours only" unless you want your guarenteed 8 then you'll get it jammed down your throat. It's a good time to take less than 8 and enjoy more time with family and rest up after the long DEC of excessive OT, at least it is for me.

sendagain

I drove for 25 years and there was only a couple days out of a year that I didn't have an eight hour day. Most of the time it was averaging close to 9.5 hours.

E

Engineer Person

Why doesn't fred dissolve the ground division and incorporate it into the express side of the operation and make the ft drivers do it all like we do? Its just dumb to have 2 fedex trucks delivering to the same addresses every day.... .IMHO

Yeah, they're so dumb. Why don't they just put them on the same truck and then make two or three separate stops out of them like we do all the time.