a million dead americans less important than stock market

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
so ive seen 3 posts now from glen greenwald one quoting larry kudlow of the trump admin, 1 quoting cuomo, and one from the CEO of goldman sachs and it sounds like they are flirting with having people work anyways regardless of this virus.

unbelievable. a million americans will die for sure, and the hospitals will be overwhelmed. the corruption in america im sure is unmatched in the west.
You know what those three people have that you don't have?
LEADERSHIP ... leaders have to make hard decisions.
You wouldn't understand.

oldngray

nowhere special
when-canadian.jpg

bacha29

Nah. Isolate the elderly and the immunosuppressed with plenty of candy and toys to get them through this.
After the interment of Japanese Americans at the start of World War II anything even remotely representing forced relocation will be met with absolute revulsion by the American people.

Box Ox

After the interment of Japanese Americans at the start of World War II anything even remotely representing forced relocation will be met with absolute revulsion by the American people.

By "isolate" I mean doing the same thing they're doing now. Staying in their homes while the younger folks work.

bacha29

By "isolate" I mean doing the same thing they're doing now. Staying in their homes while the younger folks work.
And that's exactly what the "stay at home " order implies. And the states that are issuing it are ahead of the game especially if as many fear COVID-19 is going to be here for years and quite possibly come back this fall in a far deadlier form.

Box Ox

I been doing that for years!

Don't you lie to me you picture posting party animal.

@bacha29

This:

Is not the same as this:

And that's exactly what the "stay at home " order implies. And the states that are issuing it are ahead of the game especially if as many fear COVID-19 is going to be here for years and quite possibly come back this fall in a far deadlier form.

vantexan

What is considered to be the Greatest Generation are those born from 1910 -1924 but there are still many of them alive but in poor health. But after growing up in the Depression fighting the bloodiest conflict in human history plus many fought the smaller scale but equally bloody Korean War and some even went to Vietnam plus the Cold War the mere suggestion that some should be left to die suffocated by a lung eating viral infection with no effort to save them and no reason than for the fact that it would better serve the economy is appalling.

What does this say about the generation charged with the responsibility of preserving the greatest civilization mankind has ever known yet advocates this type of barbaric behavior ? When they reach the final stages of their lives will they accept being treated in a similar manner?
96-110? Not that many left. And we aren't talking about putting them on a small iceberg and pushing them out to sea. No one wants their loved ones to die horribly. I suspect what you want is a total disaster that'll get Trump booted. And I'm betting within two weeks we will have turned a corner on treatment that will allow things to get back to normal.

vantexan

We will be over it long before Fall.