A new cold war?

bbsam

Staff member
I'm hearing rumors of a new cold war one week after Secretary of State Chuck Hagel announced deep cuts in military spending. Coincidence? Suddenly a backdrop where every dime is needed, every weapons system critical...sequestration be damned! We aren't really going to fall for this, are we?

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
We don't want to fight but by jingo if we do...
We've got the ships, we've got the men, and got the money too!
We've fought the Bear before... and while we're Britons neocons true,
The Russians shall not have Constantinople...

oldie but goody

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I'm hearing rumors of a new cold war one week after Secretary of State Chuck Hagel announced deep cuts in military spending. Coincidence? Suddenly a backdrop where every dime is needed, every weapons system critical...sequestration be damned! We aren't really going to fall for this, are we?
Exactly what I've been thinking bbsam!
The biggest difference between a Dem and a Pub is what they want to spend money on.
The biggest similarity between a Dem and a Pub is that they want to spend money.
Total BS.

island1fox

When we get so weak with all the takers ---When the Russians Parachute in from the East --The Chinese from the West--and the Mexicans from the south ----I hope the Canadians will bail us out !!:oops:

Thank God --for a little while --My neighborhood can do a re-make of Red Dawn --contrary to some Libs --We the people are still well armed !!

Lets keep expanding food stamps and entitlement programs ---cut the military completely out of existence ---Putin would not dare to Invade places like Ukraine --when Palin said that five years ago --everyone laughed at her !!:whiteflag:

moreluck

golden ticket member
I was approached in the 99 Cent store by a young mother. She's the wife of a Marine sgt. and she asked me what store has the cheapest gr. beef. She just moved here from overseas.

She just recently re-located from Okinawa. She said the military pay was really low and she was just trying to make ends meet with the groceries. She said her husband gets $1200 twice a month.

She said in Japan, gr. beef was really cheap.
She talked to us for about 15 minutes. I don't know why people feel they can talk to me......I never act friendly or anything.

My thoughts went to Obama and his pen and phone and how he has screwed around with the commissaries. She's grocery shopping at the 99 Cent Store because the commissary is too expensive. That sucks ! We should be taking care of our military.

island1fox

Hey Jones --You think that post is funny ??-----I am sure you laughed at Palin Six years ago when she called the Russia invasion of Ukraine.

Your average Lib will tell you --why worry about Military cuts --we have more nukes than anyone in the world !!!

When they Parachute into L.A. ---Question ---Will you Nuke them or offer them free cell phones and food stamps ??

Big arrow is right --rest easy --Hillary will answer the phone at 3 am--not do anything --like Bengazi -- and Obama has a phone a pen and a bunch of useless Red lines ! "You Landed in California --Do not cross the RED LINE and go into Oregon !!:eek:

island1fox

Some people actually laugh ---till they cry !!

Attack Midtown Manhattan --knock down the Towers --Kill almost three thousand Americans. --HA --ha -ha ---That is funny --Never could Happen HERE !!

When the Grid goes down --Look up and laugh --It will be your final one ---be satisfied ---You did get the last laugh !!

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Since barry has changed NASA's mission to being a muslim outreach program , the question becomes how do we supply the Manned Space Station without Russia's help ?

wkmac

Exactly what I've been thinking bbsam!
The biggest difference between a Dem and a Pub is what they want to spend money on.
The biggest similarity between a Dem and a Pub is that they want to spend money.
Total BS.

Slide down and give me some space on the bench as I'm with ya both!

wkmac

Island,

If you are going to put on your Wolverines letter jacket and go all 80's on us, you might go back to 1980' with Dr. Anthony Sutton of the Hoover Institute Stanford University and consider just who built who and then benefits from the whole damn thing.

roadrunner2012

Four hours in the mod queue for a news link
Troll
It seems like Jones is the only person with a sense of history here.

This has absolutely nothing to do with US defense cuts, which are long overdue, IMO, but Putin's desire to restore the Soviet Union to what he sees as its former glory. It may also have a little to do with his apparent insanity, as well.

Even wkmac, who I thought was actually somewhat educated, thought that the Ukraine was succeeding from Russia (see Budapest Memorandum thread).

This is a replay of 1850, and Putin is overplaying his hand. Look at what happened to the Russian markets today.

A steady hand, and sensible movements are much more preferred than facing down a crazy man with a huge nuclear arsenal that is very desperate.

One wrinkle is that the neocons are still in charge of State and Defense.

If anyone really cares, there are some very good articles explaining a lot of the nuances, just don't look for them on CNN, Fox or NBC, or wkmac's favorite, RT.

Thank goodness McCain or Romney aren't President. We'd be in a heap of crap right now if they were.

Putin is willing to pay for his move, just like China was back at Tiananmen. This is more about Russia than the Ukraine, and even more about Putin's power in Russia. He would love for the West to be the aggressor right now.

roadrunner2012

Four hours in the mod queue for a news link
Troll
Anthony(sp) Sutton, the father of modern day conspiracy theories, and an Alex Jones favorite. Yep, he had it all figured out. Next Jeff Rense will be a source here.:1eye::1eye:

bbsam

Staff member
rr, you're usually more on top of things than this. Of course this has nothing to do with defense cuts. That's beside the point. The "conspiracy theory" you speak of is none other than the "military industrial complex". If you think they won't use this propaganda to save and expand their influence, you are as deluded as those foreshadowing "Red Dawn" right around the corner.

wkmac

When one is incapable of addressing the facts directly, it's good to have ad homs and strawmen to fall back on.

As to my uneducatedness on global matters that leave me well beneath your esteemed level, seems I'm not alone and this is just one small sample. Besides, I was also thinking macro instead of micro.

First science extraordinaire and now the great mind of geo-politics. I guess you don't often drink beer but when you do, it's Dos Equis?

Stay thirsty my friend!

pretender

When one is incapable of addressing the facts directly, it's good to have ad homs and strawmen to fall back on.

As to my uneducatedness on global matters that leave me well beneath your esteemed level, seems I'm not alone and this is just one small sample. Besides, I was also thinking macro instead of micro.

First science extraordinaire and now the great mind of geo-politics. I guess you don't often drink beer but when you do, it's Dos Equis?

Stay thirsty my friend!
You forgot to include that he "succeeded" in his spelling efforts as well...

Sent using BrownCafe App