A new cold war?

moreluck

golden ticket member
...."We caution against further....." ooooo, them's fightin' words, Jay. I'll bet Putin is shakin' in his boots now.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
...."We caution against further....." ooooo, them's fightin' words, Jay. I'll bet Putin is shakin' in his boots now.
You'd prefer fightin' words?!? Why do you want a fight so bad?
I'd bet if Obama was using military force you'd be saying it's none of our business and we should stay out of it.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I would just like someone who exudes confidence. It has nothing to do with fighting. Any fool can fight.

But the fool in the white house is stymied by all the situations except fund raising and celebrating teams winning things. Makes the loser (him) feel good. He's weak, weak, weak and that's what bothers me.

Maybe he can draw some more red lines while he rides his bicycle.....

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I would just like someone who exudes confidence. It has nothing to do with fighting. Any fool can fight.

But the fool in the white house is stymied by all the situations except fund raising and celebrating teams winning things. Makes the loser (him) feel good. He's weak, weak, weak and that's what bothers me.

Maybe he can draw some more red lines while he rides his bicycle.....
..... I want fighting words, but I don't want a fight, only someone who looks like a fighter.... do what now? Weak weak weak, obama, blah blah blah.... yawn.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
While Putin clearly imagines Russia to be a great power, the country is a hollow shell of its former self, with waning political and military influence and an economy that is teetering on the brink. Higher inflation, a weakening ruble, huge capital outflows and a lack of economic reforms contributed to a major slowdown in the growth rate last year — from a projected increase of 3.6 percent to a mediocre 1.3 percent clip. The Crimea crisis will only add to these economic woes.

Interesting article:
How Putin is losing in Crimea: A reality check

moreluck

golden ticket member
nvzm2x.jpg

moreluck

golden ticket member
How To Stop Russia
Much has been said about what Obama should do to hurt the Russian
economy. To to me the plan to destroy Russia is simple:

1) ban their use of coal
2) mandate that Russia goes on Obamacare
3) ban drilling on Russian public land
4) force Russia to comply with EPA and Dodd Frank regulations
5) re-define the full-time Russian work week to 30 hours
6) raise the Russian minimum wage
7) mandate overtime pay for government employees
8) Demand the Russian Government provide welfare benefits to un-
qualified citizens and Illegal immigrants

This plan is proven and has been working in the U. S. since 2009.

Nimnim

The Nim
You'd prefer fightin' words?!? Why do you want a fight so bad?
I'd bet if Obama was using military force you'd be saying it's none of our business and we should stay out of it.

It's the old saying of "strength through power."

Or even "speak softly but carry a big stick."

We don't want to fight, but when you have the forces to back it up people are less likely to try and make you mad.

Think of it this way, you might be the most peaceful person out there, but how often do you get picked at by someone who's a foot shorter and 100 lbs lighter than you? Sure it can happen, but the chances are really low.

Or we can look at it this way, though unlikely with how our allies are, how often is someone going to pick a fight with someone knowing they have a friend, who also has 5 other friends, to back them up?