A sexy van for a sexy man ~ Ford transit

SmithBarney

Promasters are too cramped even for a small guy like me( cab wise but with no rear drive shaft or axles, there's more cargo space)! Weird that they have a traditional clutch disc/ pressure plate system, but has the shifting done by a computer...

Promaster is horrible for anyone over 5ft 5 to drive... the transmission shifts like a boss though!

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Whelp, my gmc box truck lost it's water pump...
It was leaking badly out that weep hole
tenor.gif

And I got a transit for now.

Not a good thing for management, but at least I can have less packages...

I only crammed 135 out of the 180 boxes on Saturday.

DSC_0234.JPG

This is after 59 stops... built 5 walls in this tiny 150 cargo van.

Forgot how much easier it is to whip this vehicle around, so much maneuverability & no rollup rear door to wear out my shoulder.

Sooo, take your sweet time, FXG mechanic... I'm enjoying the lighter dispatch in peak season!

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Promaster is horrible for anyone over 5ft 5 to drive... the transmission shifts like a boss though!

The ProMaster is a re-badged FIAT Duetto, a cargo van that has been produced in Europe since the late 80's. Reknowned for discomfort and legendary FIAT reliability, they were re-engined and introduced in the US as the "ProMaster".

Miserable vehicle, and butt ugly.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Yeah, as @SmithBarney stated earlier, it's more optimal for smaller drivers. Function over form, I guess.

The promasters can have more cargo room than the rwd transit.

Enterprise rental, look at the correct things your competitor, budget rental is doing:

sketch-1575244208011.png

And a protective bulkhead for the driver/ passenger

sketch-1575243841977.png

Lights too bright and ruins your night vision, but I'll use the lampshade mod to dim it down a bit with door tags

sketch-1575244069308.png

Most of the Amazon DSPs are using promasters in my area, since that white gold shows up every winter in my area...

Wut were your experiences about them @amazondriverdude or @Whither ?

Nevertheless, this has better traction control than my gmc box truck

Attachments

• sketch-1575244208011.png
    sketch-1575244208011.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 209

Whither

Scofflaw
My contractor mostly had the long version, forget the model number. Initially I didn't care for them. Low cab position, manual-shift mode button and parking brake poorly-placed, cargo doors prone to blowing shut on you when unloading irregs. But they grew on me. Excellent mirrors, decent handling.

With the exception of Sat, seems like they've given me a peak route and I've been lucky enough to drive a p-700 (no rentals so far). We'll see if my luck holds haha. I'm scheduled Mon-Sat but won't be surprised if I'm pushing 60 hrs by Fri night.

vantexan

The ProMaster is a re-badged FIAT Duetto, a cargo van that has been produced in Europe since the late 80's. Reknowned for discomfort and legendary FIAT reliability, they were re-engined and introduced in the US as the "ProMaster".

Miserable vehicle, and butt ugly.
I drive a Promaster. Has an air ride seat and since this one doesn't have a bulkhead partition I have plenty of legroom. I don't have shelves in the back and since it's a little wider you really notice the space. Has tight steering, and since it's a gas engine, which they've worked the bugs out of in recent years, don't have to fool with dirty diesel or DEF. And has room for three pallets in the back. There's a reason you see expeditors driving Promasters, with Sprinters a close second, and Transits not so much.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I drive a Promaster. Has an air ride seat and since this one doesn't have a bulkhead partition I have plenty of legroom. I don't have shelves in the back and since it's a little wider you really notice the space. Has tight steering, and since it's a gas engine, which they've worked the bugs out of in recent years, don't have to fool with dirty diesel or DEF. And has room for three pallets in the back. There's a reason you see expeditors driving Promasters, with Sprinters a close second, and Transits not so much.

Gas version is a Chrysler-derived unit, so at least that part of it isn't a FIAT. I'm seeing them increasingly used by Amazon locally, but vast majority are Sprinters.