A Update and some questions.

Siveriano

Hello everyone, Im still at ups, so After my 2 weeks layoff I came back to be told that i wont be hire just yet because I did not make the 30 days (only 29) and that I have to wait for peak to end to do 1 day to complete my book. is this the Truth? or they just messing with my head sending me on a 150 stops rout with 185 and a planned day of 815 clicks.

Also I notice as of this week check (11/06/14) there have been deducted 2 payments for my 401k but I did not sign any papers for it, I had ask my manager and he told me we have to wait for the teamsters to reply him.
so my question is if as a casual driver, can they deduct for my 401k or this is just for permanent driver?

Thanks for all the help.

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
As far as I know, there are no "papers" to setup a 401k. I setup mine via the internet many years ago.

As for the whole "29 days thing", I find that decidedly convenient for the company that you didn't make book before the freeze. I don't want to be the bearer of bad news, but unless your center was short-staffed to begin with, that doesn't bode well for you.

Siveriano

well yeah, my manager to me my name will be for sure in the top of the list as for my center casuals in case they need a permanent driver, also I spoke to one of the union guys because 2 days I went to work, punched in and got sent home, so if those 2 days count then it will be 31 days on duty, but who knows.

once again is 401k eligible for everyone or just permanent employees?

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
well yeah, my manager to me my name will be for sure in the top of the list as for my center casuals in case they need a permanent driver, also I spoke to one of the union guys because 2 days I went to work, punched in and got sent home, so if those 2 days count then it will be 31 days on duty, but who knows.

once again is 401k eligible for everyone or just permanent employees?
Are you sure the deductions on your paycheck is for 401k? That doesn't sound right...unless you set one up.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

From what I have been told new employees are automatically enrolled in the 401k with a 3% contribution rate and have to opt out if they don't wish to participate.

Man Of Brown

I haven't had any 401k auto deduct. Maybe its because I drove peak last year and I was all ready in the system?

Best of luck getting your situation figured out. Haven't heard the term clicks in awhile!

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
That is setup up on line i thought. They cant deduct money from your check automatically. Pretty soon they will set up a gasoline allowance to be deducted.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Ok here's where I would dig a little deeper if I were you. Did anyone under you or seasonal hires work during your layoff?

McGee

From what I have been told new employees are automatically enrolled in the 401k with a 3% contribution rate and have to opt out if they don't wish to participate.
thats the way it was at my previous job, allof a sudden I got mail from Fidelity, informing me of an account that I don't remember opening... but it was effortless, and you never notice the money taken out since you never see it...

letticesandwich

from a hr sent 401k info booklet

after april 1, 2009, full time employees (hired, rehired or transferred to eligible job position) will be automatically enrolled 90 days after their date of hire or applicable job change. If automatically enrolled the 401k begins at 2% of eligible pre-tax deferral rate. If you are automatically enrolled, and do not opt out of automatic enrollment or change your investment in any way, your deferral rate will increase 1% every august to a maximum of 6%.

The rest of the booklet was numbers about the plan and bonds and 17500 cap etc

Siveriano

Ok here's where I would dig a little deeper if I were you. Did anyone under you or seasonal hires work during your layoff?

Yes there were a couple of new hires while I was out, but according to my manager they are in just for peak, one of the is already a helper and the other is doing 4 bulk stops. I asked them if they have filled or sign anything on their book and they answered me no.