A Update and some questions.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Yes there were a couple of new hires while I was out, but according to my manager they are in just for peak, one of the is already a helper and the other is doing 4 bulk stops. I asked them if they have filled or sign anything on their book and they answered me no.
Doesn't matter. Seasonals can't work while you're sitting at home.

idrivethetruck

Slow & steady wins the race.
If you're planning on making this job a career, then the 401k is a good thing to have. I've contributed to mine at an average of only 5% and after 20+ years, my balance is pushing 150k

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Well that's awesome and long over due if you ask me.
While you think the company might be looking out for the employees, take a look at the "Actual Deferral Percentage" test for 401k's. In a nutshell, if a low percentage of "lower compensated" employees of a company fail to participate in a 401k plan, the "highly compensated" employees of a company are restricted on the amount they and the employer can contribute to their own 401k's.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Yeah, I'm thrilled that an employer and a financial company can commit someone to a 401 plan without the affected person signing off on it.
It's disquised to be a help to you, but it's really to allow the higher ups to be able to contribute the max. I believe Hoax had a year or two where he was restricted, if I recall correctly in a post in the retirement forums awhile back. I think he had mentioned they refunded money that he had contributed and took a tax hit on it. Maybe he'll chime in and correct me if I'm wrong.