A Veteran’s Open Letter to President Trump

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Vietnam was a war we never should have been involved in. Being an anti-war activist for our involvement there can be considered commendable.
That being said, we should respect all of our military personnel that served there.

wkmac

Vietnam was a war we never should have been involved in. Being an anti-war activist for our involvement there can be considered commendable.
That being said, we should respect all of our military personnel that served there.

One can easily protest gov't policy and yet still care for the well being and outcome of the individual soldier. One aspect of protesting the policy is to bring the soldier home from harms way and not in the cross hairs of a war being fought not for real defense, but for other less noble reasons. In the case of Vietnam, even Robert McNamara admitted that war was fought over a lie, or at the very least a reason that never happened or was never true and thus regardless of a person's other faults or personal shortcomings, their opposition to that war was the right position.

Blind obedience to authority and just being led around like sheep to slaughter and defending that to the extreme in some sense was the coward's way. But then Kings and Rulers only get their way because such cowards exist and tend to way outnumber those who dare to speak out.

The other sad part of this is watching the arguments above reduce down to the vulgar denominator that is a debate by cults of personality worship.

It will be fine

which part of what I said were you not able to easily reference?
The entirety of your post was a personal attack on John Kerry. What's mind boggling is all the conservative attacks on democrats that are now out of power. Conservatives make wild arguments about how terrible everything democrats have done as a reason why Trump doing the same is ok. If it's terrible for democrats it should be terrible for Trump.

moreluck

golden ticket member
The entirety of your post was a personal attack on John Kerry. What's mind boggling is all the conservative attacks on democrats that are now out of power. Conservatives make wild arguments about how terrible everything democrats have done as a reason why Trump doing the same is ok. If it's terrible for democrats it should be terrible for Trump.
When was Kerry EVER powerful???????????????

Gear

Parts on Order
Your President is a coward draft-dodger. Look it up. Rich White Boy gets a pass on going to Vietnam. Yet, Trumpski is full-on hawk.

I can hardly wait until he is convicted of treason and goes to prison, where he belongs.

Another mention of someone's skin color. How are allowed to be a member of the Southern Law Poverty Center? I didn't know they allowed racist.

newfie

its all out there and has been discussed many times. Don't come along here and act like you cant google and suddenly need to be spoon fed.

It will be fine

its all out there and has been discussed many times. Don't come along here and act like you cant google and suddenly need to be spoon fed.
Yes I can use google. I'm not going to go searching for articles to back up your personal attacks on democrats. I asked for a source, which you can't provide, that shows John Kerry is a traitor.

newfie

Yes I can use google. I'm not going to go searching for articles to back up your personal attacks on democrats. I asked for a source, which you can't provide, that shows John Kerry is a traitor.

dude would you please direct your snowflake tantrum somewhere else. I see enough of your crying and whining on tv every night. man up

newfie

So no source then? Just name calling. Got it.
upload_2017-2-4_12-49-37.png

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
dude would you please direct your snowflake tantrum somewhere else. I see enough of your crying and whining on tv every night. man up

Your president (very small "p") is corrupt, a liar, and probably a traitor as well. Until he stops lying, divests, and shows those taxes, he is a viable target.

Get over it, snowflake. Sorry your limited mental capacity prevents you from keeping up. We're just trying to keep America Great by emptying the White House trash.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
your president too

Not even close. Your president is going down in flames soon, all of his own doing. If the first 2 weeks of his clown show are any indication of his presidency, he isn't going to last anyway. Respectable Republicans won't put up with him.