About how many stops do you drivers make per hour?

S

splozi

Pretty straight forward question... regarding a "typical" day.

If you're a "runner gunner", play include that in your post, so your number doesn't skew the average.

EDIT: Also, about how many total stops do you have per day?

Last edited by a moderator:
About 17.5 an hour. No runner here, I'm too fat. And on that note I havnt missed a lunch in about 15 years and around here that's an hour.

S

splozi

Hm. Maybe I should have thought through my question a bit more. Stops per hour will vary greatly depending on the number of total stops. If you have 50 stops to make out in the country... your number is going to be pretty low. I guess what I had in mind was a mostly resi route with about a 150 total stop average?

Indecisi0n

It all depends on the area and type of work. I never check because I don't care. My center manager asked me the other day when I punched out "how many stops did you do?" I said "I don't know." he looked at me like a deer in headlights and was confused

guinness413

my boss wants 17..i give 16.5...im consistent tho..i have retail sections in the afternoon i bust out 25 an hour..and wholesale with a post office that slows me down all morning..

Jim Kemp

It all depends on the area and type of work. I never check because I don't care. My center manager asked me the other day when I punched out "how many stops did you do?" I said "I don't know." he looked at me like a deer in headlights and was confused
I have said the same thing to a center manager and he started yelling at me telling me it was part of my job to know. The next day he asked the same question as I was going out the door and I said "All of them" and kept going. Also before the days of cell phones they wanted us to call in at 3pm and they would always ask "how many have you done"? and I would say "hold on my clip board is in the car" and I would put the phone down for a few minutes. Then I would tell him. Then he would ask "how many do you have left ? I would say hold on, make him wait a few minutes then come back and tell him. We played this game daily for weeks. It was fun.

iowa boy

I do a pretty steady 14-15 an hour doing businesses unless there is a lot of bulk. But can crank out 20 an hour if the resi's are clustered real well.

DS

Fenderbender
I do about 85 deliveries and 30 pickups.
center manager wants 11.7 out of me.I just said,no promises,all I can do is the best I can.
I usually do 12-13 on the good days.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
They want 14. All ican do is 12 until after 5 when pu/s and commercials are done. Then I can do 20 and hour, which is why I work til 730 every night so they can get their 14. or close.

Cementups

Box Monkey
I'm somewhere in the 12-15 stops per hour range. During my commercial deliveries I can do about 10 stops per hour but during my resis I can knock out 30/hour. On my old area it was nothing for me to be able to knock out the one section of about 45-50 stops in an hour.

OVERBOARD

Don't believe everything you think
Less now that I can only back 13 times a day. I love going on the scenic walks it always nice and peaceful.

badpal.

avoiding brown kool-aid
I range 95-110 stops and around 400 pieces delivered with 38 pickups where I can get 200-300 pieces. It's 13-15 sporh depending on who gets what bulk.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
They want 14. All ican do is 12 until after 5 when pu/s and commercials are done. Then I can do 20 and hour, which is why I work til 730 every night so they can get their 14. or close.

How do they get the number 14?? There has to be a reason is 14 and not 13 or 15......