About how many stops do you drivers make per hour?

Buck Fifty

...or perhaps we should follow the intent, if not the letter, of the agreement?

We have had this discussion before. How is my taking lunch between 1545 and 1630 any different from the 5 or 6 who take their lunch at the Mobil station between 1730 and 1900?

As long as it is out on route, take it anytime you like. Just not back at the building. Wouldn't want to be caught manipulating the company ya know. course if your real close to your on car, I'm sure he would look the other way.

themidnightoil

my stops per hour range from 11-16.5 depending on bulk, air and area. I have been over 9.5 with 95 stops, 350+ packages and 4 pickups with 170 miles to being under dispatched with 105 stops, under 200 packages, 4 pickups and 100 miles.

it somehow makes my center manager pissed when I say "stops per hour does not mean anything to me. my planned day is however long it takes to get it done safely, not what you report says". then every time I have a tie/ride, they can't believe how many dirt roads I have and how far we have to go between stops. my last ride we did 11.7 spoh and he said could not find anything on me where I lost time. report said I was .90 over. my reply then was "guess that my time study is bad".

What'dyabringmetoday???

...or perhaps we should follow the intent, if not the letter, of the agreement?

We have had this discussion before. How is my taking lunch between 1545 and 1630 any different from the 5 or 6 who take their lunch at the Mobil station between 1730 and 1900?
You guys keep making your choices. No need to thank the real Teamsters that give you all the great things you get because of us.

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
"runner gunner"? What the heck is that? Ok, I think I understand. If I am a "runner gunner" don't write my number because you are writing every number down here and then dividing by the responses to get an average. Is that what you're doing?

What if I told you I was a "runner gunner" and SPORH about an 11.5. Would that "skew the average", to use your words?

I don't know what you want to call or why you want to call me anything. I'm almost 40 years old and I get up every day and punch in at UPS every day. They give me this thing called a "UPS truck" and its full of "packages". I drive this truck out of the building to streets that have the same name that are on the packages that are on my truck. I empty the truck. When my truck is empty I begin doing my 40 pick-ups. If I forget what they are, I can just look at this thing I have called a DIAD and it reminds me what and where they are. I fill up the truck with these packages and then I drive it back to the UPS building. Then I punch out.

Is that enough info for your survey? or does my data skew your average?

as the resident runner gunner jerk on the forum i must say calm down young man ! dont try to steal my thunder

S

splozi

"runner gunner"? What the heck is that? Ok, I think I understand. If I am a "runner gunner" don't write my number because you are writing every number down here and then dividing by the responses to get an average. Is that what you're doing?

What if I told you I was a "runner gunner" and SPORH about an 11.5. Would that "skew the average", to use your words?

I don't know what you want to call or why you want to call me anything. I'm almost 40 years old and I get up every day and punch in at UPS every day. They give me this thing called a "UPS truck" and its full of "packages". I drive this truck out of the building to streets that have the same name that are on the packages that are on my truck. I empty the truck. When my truck is empty I begin doing my 40 pick-ups. If I forget what they are, I can just look at this thing I have called a DIAD and it reminds me what and where they are. I fill up the truck with these packages and then I drive it back to the UPS building. Then I punch out.

Is that enough info for your survey? or does my data skew your average?

Someone forgot to take his pills this morning.

DS

Fenderbender
I get up every day and punch in at UPS . They give me this thing called a "UPS truck" and its full of "packages". I drive this truck out of the building to streets that have the same name that are on the packages that are on my truck. I empty the truck. When my truck is empty I begin doing my 40 pick-ups. If I forget what they are, I can just look at this thing I have called a DIAD and it reminds me what and where they are. I fill up the truck with these packages and then I drive it back to the UPS building. Then I punch out.

A day in the life.BH you are not alone.

browniehound

as the resident runner gunner jerk on the forum i must say calm down young man ! dont try to steal my thunder

I hear ya Hellfire. I don't want to step on any toes here, lol, but I was trying to make a point. As convoluted as my post was I was still trying to make some sense, lol. In its simplest term I was trying to say you can't just arbitrarily throw out a "runner gunner's" number because it hurts your argument. If you are looking for an average than the "runner gunner's" must be included.

I assume this person was speaking from the hourly ranks (or wanna be hourly ranks). Look at it this way: management would love to get rid of the "slowest gunners" (for lack of a better word) from their average because it "skews" the numbers but they have to live with it. This is the meaning of average, isn't it?