absorb

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
So using your logic, if I see a commercial for a Ginsu and then go knife someone, I can blame the Japanese Emperor???
Isn't this man solely responsible for his own actions? Why allow him (or you) to blame someone else?

PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY. Lack of it is killing America.

Let me add one more thing. I take it you tend towards the Right, which is fine. What I cannot ever understand is how someone who works very hard for a living in a unionized job, supports the Right. A major part of their agenda is criticizing or advocating the end of unions, as in unions are the root of all that is evil and wrong with our system. If we did it their way, the Smith and Davis types in this world would be even richer, and you'd be in the same boat as us...no rights, substandard pay, and zero ability to do anything about it.

I believe you're a package car driver and also an occasional feeder driver, which means you're a Teamster. I've done the UPS feeder job, and it's actually easier than the equivalent RTD job at FedEx, yet you make way more per hour. The discrepancy is even worse if you compare package car to FedEx courier.

The only reason you have a good compensation package is the fact that you are unionized. Yes, the IBT is far from perfect, but how would you like to have no retirement plan, low wages, and a complete inability to fight back?

That's what the Right wants, and you support that? That doesn't make any sense.

vantexan

Don't those sound like Tea Bag issue to you? He also had issues with immigration and the US currency, which sound like Far Right extremist talking points. I fully agree this guy had mental issues, but perhaps he was set-off by some of the inflammatory political rhetoric from people like Palin. A gunsight target on the Congresswoman's district and her name listed beneath aren't dangerous?

The Tea Party came about because people were concerned about being forced to accept gov't control of their healthcare decisions as well as an overall increase of gov't intrusion into their lives which included too much spending that was going to be passed onto taxpayers. These were legitimate concerns as no administration has attempted as much so fast to change America. Does the rhetoric get heated? Sure, just as liberals constantly attack Bush and have done so for over 10 years now. The gist I get from liberals is that no one must criticize Obama et al or you are a racist, insane, murderous rube. As if criticism should only be of conservatives. It's a 2 way street, but unfortunately there's always the possibility a nutcase will go too far. But saying the unspeakable acts of a very disturbed man is indicative of typical Tea Party members is trying to take advantage of a terrible tragedy to demonize those who's beliefs differ from your's. That's hatemongering, and exactly the kind of poison that's tearing at the fabric of this country and is laying the framework for civil unrest and possibly worse.