Ac in pkg car

Integrity

Binge Poster
Then you should know that these trucks aren't designed to keep cold in during the summer or heat in during the winter time.

In most cases they don't have enough run time in-between stops to effectively heat up or cool down

Think about it
Disagree.

I think AC would significantly improve the situation.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Then you should know that these trucks aren't designed to keep cold in during the summer or heat in during the winter time.

In most cases they don't have enough run time in-between stops to effectively heat up or cool down

Think about it

And then.... there is this.

Section 17. Vehicle Integrity

"The Employer agrees to maintain all door and engine compartment seals in order to eliminate, as much as possible, fumes, dust and moisture in the package car."

https://teamster.org/sites/default/files/ups18-nationalmaster-final.pdf

-Bug-

Integrity

Binge Poster
Nonconstructive bluster.
I am completely serious.

When large corporations that oppress the working man with unacceptable working conditions get the working man to justify the behavior of their oppressors because of money, they have the workers right where they want them.

Seeking to have UPS provide AC in their vehicles and facilities is a just cause.

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
And then.... there is this.

Section 17. Vehicle Integrity

"The Employer agrees to maintain all door and engine compartment seals in order to eliminate, as much as possible, fumes, dust and moisture in the package car."

https://teamster.org/sites/default/files/ups18-nationalmaster-final.pdf

-Bug-
Thanks for pointing this out. The dust in the cargo of our package cars is insane. Will have a conversation with the steward in the morning.
I am completely serious.

When large corporations that oppress the working man with unacceptable working conditions get the working man to justify the behavior of their oppressors because of money, they have the workers right where they want them.

Seeking to have UPS provide AC in their vehicles and facilities is a just cause.
I agree that facilities should be properly air conditioned, but if you want to make a real impact on the road, ensure the cargo of these PCs is properly vented.

What is your position with the company?

GenericUsername

Honestly, solar powered exhaust fans on the back of the truck and additional vents in the front to get air flow into the cargo area would probably be a sufficient solution. Hell, I'm sure they can do something more than the tiny little 5 inch fan that are in some (not all) package cars and make most of the drivers happy.