Ac in pkg car

Honestly, solar powered exhaust fans on the back of the truck and additional vents in the front to get air flow into the cargo area would probably be a sufficient solution. Hell, I'm sure they can do something more than the tiny little 5 inch fan that are in some (not all) package cars and make most of the drivers happy.
I'm ready to cut q hole.in the roof

rod

Retired 22 years
Air conditioning would have worked great in my truck because just like I left mine running all day in the winter for heat I would leave it run all day for air.

rod

Retired 22 years
Most days usually I can I make sure that I get up early enough to go to the bathroom before work.

But sometimes you do have a had day. You did this job enough you can relate.
Apparently I had better control over my body functions. I don't recall ever taking a dump on route. Maybe once or twice.:-)

jeepguy63

The piece on NBC was obviously a hit piece sponsored by some “friend” of NBC or one of its producers.
1). It was 100% focused on UPS vs the over 1,000,000 vehicles of this type that are on the road today. There was no objective reporting to call out a nationwide “problem” with the type of vehicle.
2). In typical “labor” fashion, the hit piece states “UPS made over $5 billion in profit last year. Surely they can afford to........(fill in the blank of one groups demands.)” How many of these type of vehicles does GE - parent of NBC - own without A/C?
3). NBC interviewed a former Obama era OSHA or labor secretary. If this person was that passionate about the cause, where was he during the 8 years of Obama administration? Why didn’t NBC interview any Teamster officials or industry experts?
4). NBC dramatizes the reporting of 107 UPS “employee” heat related injuries requiring medical attention since 2015. They failed to report this in perspective. While no injuries are desired , 107 injuries across four years of 99,000 drivers dispatched on an average day, is hardly a material number of injuries. Even if the injuries occurred in the 64 operating days between July aug and sept, that’s 107 injuries in 25 million driver days. (99k x 64 x 4). Again, not trying to minimize the impact of an injury to any one individual.
5). The drivers are represented by the Teamsters. Where was the interview with their negotiating teams? Assuming the teamsters put this up at every negotiation, what was taken off the table in exchange for taking A/C off the table?

Shame on NBC for it biased and lazy hit piece vs real investigative journalism.