Access Points

Overpaid Union Thug

And that's a valid point. But at the same time, there is a reason it wasn't DR'ed. I know FedEx in my old building was impossible to ever get. I always redirected it because then I knew I could get it. I like the Access Point idea. It just needs tweaking. For instance give people the option to automatically divert them. There are growing pains with anything new.

It will be an epic disaster. Our system automatically pushes stops out to the wrong addresses every day whether they are good addresses or not. This will be the same. Everything UPS tries fails either because they don't allow the necessary implementation time or the idea just sucks to begin with.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
No it isn't, these are requests put in by the customer.
You DON'T know what you're talking about. They put popups in the diad instructing us to mark it for an access point after 1 delivery attempt where we're sheeting as Not In. None of these are customer requests and the consignee has no way to opt out. We're ramming it down their throats to save money on send agains. Some shippers like Sprint pcs and Comcast have opted out.

You DON'T know what you're talking about. They put popups in the diad instructing us to mark it for an access point after 1 delivery attempt where we're sheeting as Not In. None of these are customer requests and the consignee has no way to opt out. We're ramming it down their throats to save money on send agains. Some shippers like Sprint pcs and Comcast have opted out.
You want cost effective? Get us our of the building on time!
.try that!!

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
You DON'T know what you're talking about.
Um I do thanks.
They put popups in the diad instructing us to mark it for an access point after 1 delivery attempt where we're sheeting as Not In. None of these are customer requests and the consignee has no way to opt out. We're ramming it down their throats to save money on send agains. Some shippers like Sprint pcs and Comcast have opted out.
These aren't packages marked in your DIAD for access points. These are customer submitted ones. I know this because they are called DCRs (Delivery Change REQUEST). As in requested by the customer. We still do not have the capability of automatically redirecting packages like I mentioned before.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Um I do thanks.

These aren't packages marked in your DIAD for access points. These are customer submitted ones. I know this because they are called DCRs (Delivery Change REQUEST). As in requested by the customer. We still do not have the capability of automatically redirecting packages like I mentioned before.
THEY ARE NOT customer requested. Stop acting like you know what you're talking about when I'm doing the job. I've been through the training, multiple meetings, asked a million questions before rollout and have been dealing with it for weeks. The consignees have no clue about the access point until they get an infonotice from me telling them they have to go there to get their stuff...and I can override the access point if the person is elderly, medication, large package, etc.

The access points are available for a limited number of people who are within a mileage range and sign up for MyChoice & request the package be rerouted there, but we haven't had a single one of them yet in my area. WE are forcing the consignee into the access point pickup now as long as the shipper doesn't opt out.

Please don't post like you know what you're talking about.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
THEY ARE NOT customer requested. Stop acting like you know what you're talking about when I'm doing the job.
YES THEY ARE. DCRs are requested by the customer. Half my job is making sure clerks process this crap. Don't act like YOU know just because you touch the damn box.
I've been through the training, multiple meetings, asked a million questions before rollout and have been dealing with it for weeks.
Well aren't you special. Only problem is I have too. Like I've said twice now, WE DO NOT HAVE THE ABILITY TO REDIRECT TO ACCESS POINTS THROUGH THE DIAD. It has to be requested by the customer. I'm not saying it's nationwide, I'm saying here, that is the way it is. The requests my clerks are processing are from the customers. You know how I know? I've sat through meetings talking about the timelines for it and when the software for our building will be implemented. WE, as in my center, do not have the ability to redirect anything unless the customer requests it or we go in and do it manually.
Don't act like you know what you're talking about because you did some DIAD training.

YES THEY ARE. DCRs are requested by the customer. Half my job is making sure clerks process this crap. Don't act like YOU know just because you touch the damn box.

Well aren't you special. Only problem is I have too. Like I've said twice now, WE DO NOT HAVE THE ABILITY TO REDIRECT TO ACCESS POINTS THROUGH THE DIAD. It has to be requested by the customer. I'm not saying it's nationwide, I'm saying here, that is the way it is. The requests my clerks are processing are from the customers. You know how I know? I've sat through meetings talking about the timelines for it and when the software for our building will be implemented. WE, as in my center, do not have the ability to redirect anything unless the customer requests it or we go in and do it manually.

Don't act like you know what you're talking about because you did some DIAD training.
I don't believe you!!

Jk

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
It has to be requested by the customer. I'm not saying it's nationwide, I'm saying here, that is the way it is.
Exactly...at your location. The Access Point campaign currently being rolled out is to the metropolitan areas with high send agains and here are the two ways a package gets to an AP:
Scenario A) If a consignee requests a redirect to an Access Point (very rare) we get an indicator in the diad similar to an intercept to reroute the package. That is likely the only part of the campaign that has been rolled out to your location thus far.
and
2) the consignee is within a designated geographical area
then
after marking the package as NI1, scanning the infonotice and hitting stop complete a popup message is displayed on the diad advising the package is eligible for AP delivery. The driver then has to make a selection of AP (if sheeted in the morning)/AP Next Day (if sheeted in the afternoon/evening) or No AP.
If the driver selects the next day AP option the package is brought back to the clerk where it is re-labeled for the AP and it is delivered to the AP the next day. If it is early enough in the day a stop will be added to the diad to deliver it that same day to the AP.
If the driver selects No AP at his discretion, he has to specify whether it's the item type (meds, large box, etc) or another reason such as elderly consignee, disabled, etc. When hitting the No AP button the stop remains the NI1 send again the driver initially sheeted it as.

As you can see with the second scenario, it has nothing to do with any consignee request and the consignee doesn't even know what an access point is until they see my newly redesigned infonotice telling them that they have to go get their stuff after only one delivery attempt.

I'm not going to respond to any more of your posts in this thread as you clearly are just typing to see yourself post and are incapable of understanding that you are not at the same stage of the AP program that is currently being rolled out elsewhere.

Shifting Contents

Most Help Needed
Exactly...at your location. The Access Point campaign currently being rolled out is to the metropolitan areas with high send agains and here are the two ways a package gets to an AP:
Scenario A) If a consignee requests a redirect to an Access Point (very rare) we get an indicator in the diad similar to an intercept to reroute the package. That is likely the only part of the campaign that has been rolled out to your location thus far.
and
then
after marking the package as NI1, scanning the infonotice and hitting stop complete a popup message is displayed on the diad advising the package is eligible for AP delivery. The driver then has to make a selection of AP (if sheeted in the morning)/AP Next Day (if sheeted in the afternoon/evening) or No AP.
If the driver selects the next day AP option the package is brought back to the clerk where it is re-labeled for the AP and it is delivered to the AP the next day. If it is early enough in the day a stop will be added to the diad to deliver it that same day to the AP.
If the driver selects No AP at his discretion, he has to specify whether it's the item type (meds, large box, etc) or another reason such as elderly consignee, disabled, etc. When hitting the No AP button the stop remains the NI1 send again the driver initially sheeted it as.

As you can see with the second scenario, it has nothing to do with any consignee request and the consignee doesn't even know what an access point is until they see my newly redesigned infonotice telling them that they have to go get their stuff after only one delivery attempt.

I'm not going to respond to any more of your posts in this thread as you clearly are just typing to see yourself post and are incapable of understanding that you are not at the same stage of the AP program that is currently being rolled out elsewhere.
Yeah boom!!!!

Orion inc.

I like turtles
and
then

Sounds like she knows what she is talking about.

Overpaid Union Thug

THEY ARE NOT customer requested. Stop acting like you know what you're talking about when I'm doing the job. I've been through the training, multiple meetings, asked a million questions before rollout and have been dealing with it for weeks. The consignees have no clue about the access point until they get an infonotice from me telling them they have to go there to get their stuff...and I can override the access point if the person is elderly, medication, large package, etc.

The access points are available for a limited number of people who are within a mileage range and sign up for MyChoice & request the package be rerouted there, but we haven't had a single one of them yet in my area. WE are forcing the consignee into the access point pickup now as long as the shipper doesn't opt out.

Could it be that the system sucks and is riddled with flaws (just like everything we have) that causes stops to be sent to access points without a customer's consent?