Access Points

Dr.Brownz

No, I make the assumption that the customer wants the package on the first delivery attempt. I think most people want their package sooner rather than later. As I said, customers now have multiple options to get the package on the first attempt. You think a customer in Brooklyn would rather travel at least 3 miles to the UPS Customer Center (only Mon-Fri) versus walking a few blocks to a location open 7 days a week and usually till 8 or 9 PM? THAT is going out of their way.

You make the assumption that the customer prefers to wait at least an extra day for delivery, take time out of their day to sit at home to wait for the driver to show up sometime between 9 AM and 8 PM. Again, customers have the ability to know when the package will be delivered and if they don't want it redirected to an Access Point, they can specify that. Customers have more options now then they ever have had - what's the downside of giving the customer more choices and options?

maybe we shouldn't be delivering at 8pm at night, or UPS shouldn't cut routes all the time and screw everyone's delivery times. I'm sure bussiness's that ussualy get there stuff at 9am are a little pissed when it comes at 3pm instead.

Pull your head out of your :censored2: management drone. UPS's customer service is a joke, here let us send a guy in a brown costume who has barely anytime to service you, we arn't sure when he will show up because we gave him a ridiculous work load and loaded the Package car like :censored2: anyway.

upschuck

His posts are a bit too rational to be anything other than those written by a corporate spokesperson.
Especially with this as his signature.
upload_2015-5-30_14-0-5.png

DOK

Also, I've read on here "we've been doing it in Europe for a few years now". I hope the company realizes that European mentality differs from U.S. mentality on certain issues.

And one question, how does this new service attract new customers, or help or grow our business? Seems like a downgrade in service to me.

worldwide

Especially with this as his signature.
View attachment 41169

If that makes me a "corporate spokesperson" your posts are all like Teamsters spokespeople towing the party line. Is anything that I have posted not true?

I do own stock in UPS and I'm sure some of you on BC do as well. So, yes, full disclosure, I look at how UPS operates from a shareowners perspective and these new services are things customers have asked for so I think they are a good thing. Recent press release said MyChoice had something like 11 million people that had enrolled for the service. Seems like a positive sign. Time will tell what impact it has on stock price. Only way that will happen is if customers view it as something worth choosing, and possibly paying more, than the competition.

upschuck

I look at how UPS operates from a shareowners perspective
That is corporate thinking.
these new services are things customers have asked for so I think they are a good thing.
I would think if they wanted it at the AP, that they would request it to the AP, and not automatically sent there. Free AP access good(FedEx has done this for a while), automatically sent bad.
Recent press release said MyChoice had something like 11 million people that had enrolled for the service. Seems like a positive sign.
I agree
Time will tell what impact it has on stock price.
Personally, I care more about customer satisfaction, than the stock price. See second point.
Only way that will happen is if customers view it as something worth choosing, and possibly paying more, than the competition.
Does the consignee have a choice? If this is a discounted service, then it would make more sense, but I doubt that will be the case.

oldngray

nowhere special
That is corporate thinking.

I would think if they wanted it at the AP, that they would request it to the AP, and not automatically sent there. Free AP access good(FedEx has done this for a while), automatically sent bad.

I agree

Personally, I care more about customer satisfaction, than the stock price. See second point.

Does the consignee have a choice? If this is a discounted service, then it would make more sense, but I doubt that will be the case.

This comes from the same corporate mentality that insists ORION is great. Access Points are all about cutting costs for UPS (= greater profits) and not about providing better service to customers.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Any rule can be changes with a couple keystrokes.

State laws require that convenience store clerks "ID" those patrons who appear to be underage before selling the booze. Would those same laws be expanded to include consignees signing for their booze at a UPS Access Point? If so, would the same penalties apply for failure to comply?

upschuck

State laws require that convenience store clerks "ID" those patrons who appear to be underage before selling the booze. Would those same laws be expanded to include consignees signing for their booze at a UPS Access Point? If so, would the same penalties apply for failure to comply?
They would be under the same over21 requirements as the driver.

Fragile

Adult signature required packages do not get redirected to access points... just like you wouldn't alternate them normally.

I enjoy worldwides' posts also but they are completely out of touch. They reflect that of someone who has no real experience with a customer on a one on one basis. No offense but if you spent the entire day on the street you'd be more sensitive to some serious issues that exist with this program.

It has potential and could be extremely successful. I get there is a need, times are changing and we need to roll with it. The execution should of been completely different, this is a disaster.

worldwide

Adult signature required packages do not get redirected to access points... just like you wouldn't alternate them normally.

I enjoy worldwides' posts also but they are completely out of touch. They reflect that of someone who has no real experience with a customer on a one on one basis. No offense but if you spent the entire day on the street you'd be more sensitive to some serious issues that exist with this program.

It has potential and could be extremely successful. I get there is a need, times are changing and we need to roll with it. The execution should of been completely different, this is a disaster.

Interesting assumptions you have made without knowing me, what I do or interaction with customers.

What have I posted about Access Points or MyChoice that is "completely out of touch"? What are the "serious issues" that exist with the program.

I'm also interested to know what recommendations/suggestions you have to fix these "serious issues." If you were in charge of the program, what would you do differently and based on what?

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
very interesting read... i agree it works if the customer has a say in it first to be re-directed to an AP from what worldwide has stated earlier... not letting the UPS system decide for them.

as for Adult Sig or Direct Sig options, you can just redirect them to the local UPS store for the signature, since they'll be the ones responsible to check the ID and verify the consignees & had training to do so vs a lowly paid clerk at an AP location...

as for the purple side, they are expanding the hours of a couple of FedEx Offices from banker's hours to 24/7 hours! that gives greater flexibility for customers who live in the city to go anytime at their leisure to get their packages (ASR DSR or non-Sig boxes) It worked great for me in the past peak season that they can go on a Sunday or at 2am on a weekday to the FedEx Office location to get their stuff.

the UPS stores should follow suit to fulfill the customers in the same way.

Fragile

Interesting assumptions you have made without knowing me, what I do or interaction with customers.

What have I posted about Access Points or MyChoice that is "completely out of touch"? What are the "serious issues" that exist with the program.

I'm also interested to know what recommendations/suggestions you have to fix these "serious issues." If you were in charge of the program, what would you do differently and based on what?

It's obvious you're not a service provider. If you were, you wouldn't be blind to the issues at hand.

No need to defend yourself I wasn't trying to insult you.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
i think it'll work ONLY if those consignees agree to that AP location before-hand...

so they won't have to worry/concerned themselves when a delivery has been made