accident and safe driving years

j4ck4zz

I had 13 years safe driving when I hit a low tree limb last month. The tree did minor damage to the package car and it was called a tier 1 accident. Will my safe driving years go back to zero?

j4bucks

If you have accident before 5 years you go back to 0. Once you hit 5 then you only lose that year. So you should stay at 13 till next year. Date of accident is your new ann date.

Buffy

You do not lose your years but the accident date is not your new anniversary date. You serve a penalty phase until you get back to your anniversary date. Then when you go 1 more year accident free, you will receive your 14 year award. For example, if you got you 13 year award in October and had the accident this June then you would receive your 14 year award in October 2008.

705red

Browncafe Steward
I had 13 years safe driving when I hit a low tree limb last month. The tree did minor damage to the package car and it was called a tier 1 accident. Will my safe driving years go back to zero?
Was this tree over hanging a street or driveway? If its a street you should not be held responsible for it.

UPS Lifer

Was this tree over hanging a street or driveway? If its a street you should not be held responsible for it.

You Gotta be kidding right!!!:w00t::w00t:

So let me see if I understand you .... if a kid comes out of a driveway on a bicycle into the street it's not your fault if you hit him???:w00t::w00t::w00t:

and if the electricity goes out and you are late for work you should not be held responsible correct??? :w00t::w00t::w00t:

steakmaker

ride like you stole it
705red;
What UPS have you been working at ? He'll get charged with the accident because he didn;t get the "Big Picture".While on delivery in the winter,I passed a driveway,a car slid nose first down the drive and hit my truck between the rear bumper and RT fender well,about a 2ft space,I thought I wouldn't get charged,but, a driveway is an intersection according to UPS "No UPS vehicle has the right of way at an intersection"even though I went through the "intersection"with nobody in sight. after that I told my supervisor,you better pray I don't take city deliveries next year,there's many hundreds of "intersections"that I'll have to stop at.To the driver,I can only say from almost 32yrs w/UPS,Get over it driver take the hit,play their game,make more money.

UPS Lifer

Steakmaker,
I agree with your assessment of your accident. Based on the limited info in your post, I do not believe you should have been charged with an accident. I understand the "big picture" and the "intersection" policy however once your vehicle cab clears the "intersection" or driveway how is it in your power to be able to prevent an accident? I really, really, don't agree with charging you with an accident. There has to be something you and I are missing on this one!