Accident off duty

Short and sweet. I was in an accident in my personal car off duty. Insurance companies are still figuring out who was at fault, police had no opinion on who was at fault. Looks like they may be saying I was at fault, even though I know as the driver, I have the green. Long short of it, do accidents in your personal car off duty matter to UPS?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Short and sweet. I was in an accident in my personal car off duty. Insurance companies are still figuring out who was at fault, police had no opinion on who was at fault. Looks like they may be saying I was at fault, even though I know as the driver, I have the green. Long short of it, do accidents in your personal car off duty matter to UPS?

Maybe

Wilson1397

Half the lies they tell about me aren't true!!
Possibly

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star

I assume you drive for UPS. Just straight up accidents don't matter, you are not required to report them. If you received a citation as a result of the accident, you just need to disclose it on the annual DMV record form. Don't go over 2 (or is it 3?) tickets in a year you will be fine.

I assume you drive for UPS. Just straight up accidents don't matter, you are not required to report them. If you received a citation as a result of the accident, you just need to disclose it on the annual DMV record form. Don't go over 2 (or is it 3?) tickets in a year you will be fine.

Yes I’m a (new) FT driver. Thank you for your info and answer, appriciate it

Scottyhawk

What is it? A brown box. Duh
If you are already full time, it does not matter as long as you do not lose your license. If you receive a ticket just state it on your annual dmv form

TheMachine

Are you sure you want to punch out?
Dash Camera, get one. I have one and it stops people in their tracks trying to be clever on the roads.

Would also prove who was at fault. Or maybe you only need a dash cam for hell holes like New Jersey roads.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Don’t let UPS’s institutionalized ideas get in your head that everything is your fault. Take this jackwad to court if you think you’re in the right and let him get in front of a judge and show his driving credentials.

Who’s the judge going to believe, a professional driver for a major delivery service or some desk jockey, weekend pool walrus, ninja warrior wannabe.

proyer

Love the GoTs reference name.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
I assume you drive for UPS. Just straight up accidents don't matter, you are not required to report them. If you received a citation as a result of the accident, you just need to disclose it on the annual DMV record form.

Correct, for package car drivers.

Feeder drivers, holding a CDL, must notify UPS within 30 days of any conviction of a moving traffic law.

§383.31 Notification of convictions for driver violations.

(b) Each person who operates a commercial motor vehicle, who has a commercial driver's license issued by a State or jurisdiction, and who is convicted of violating, in any type of motor vehicle, a State or local law relating to motor vehicle traffic control (other than a parking violation), shall notify his/her current employer of such conviction. The notification must be made within 30 days after the date that the person has been convicted. If the driver is not currently employed, he/she must notify the State or jurisdiction which issued the license according to §383.31(a).