Accident

Brownwind

I am on my 30 day probation. And I was working Saturday and backed into a pole and the rear bumper to back into has a dent. I didn’t report it. Will they know and fire me ?
Dude…. Seriously???

I’ve been in the truck after someone hammered my bumper. I can’t with a clear conscience tell you what to do. Report everything…. Since you didn’t report you have a few sleepless nights waiting to see if your gonna get caught. Our company’s reputation is what makes us money. Protect it like it’s your meal ticket.
Learn from this and I’m sure others on this post can advise you better than I.

Bigd23

Dude…. Seriously???

I’ve been in the truck after someone hammered my bumper. I can’t with a clear conscience tell you what to do. Report everything…. Since you didn’t report you have a few sleepless nights waiting to see if your gonna get caught. Our company’s reputation is what makes us money. Protect it like it’s your meal ticket.
Learn from this and I’m sure others on this post can advise you better than I.
I know I :censored2:ed up. I’ve had sleepless nights since. I just panicked. I have a family and finally got my shot at making money and I didn’t/don’t want to let anyone down. I know what I did was wrong. But :censored2: man it was the heat of the moment it was my second to last stop and boom that happened.

Nah
I know I :censored2:ed up. I’ve had sleepless nights since. I just panicked. I have a family and finally got my shot at making money and I didn’t/don’t want to let anyone down. I know what I did was wrong. But :censored2: man it was the heat of the moment it was my second to last stop and boom that happened.
If you get through this I hope you learn from it.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Not enough information, if it's a small dent and it was a business industrial or city concrete post I vote stay silent but everything else your best bet is to recreate the accident and call it in again before someone finds out.

The dents I've seen are pretty big and obvious. perfectly circular and you could almost fill the gap with a baseball.

Management and whoever owns the pole might not find out, but I'm sure some drivers already know.

Last edited:

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
For all the rest of you, lots of drivers still are allowed to qualify with minor mishaps, most every new driver here has called in something little on road. Makes you wonder the scale of how often the center manager here sweeps things under the rug lol.

TSB

Yeah, I'm a road hog
You say it was a "random pole" but don't give the location/setting. In today's world just assume that a camera somewhere caught it and eventually you'll be caught too.

oldupsman

I wouldn't say a word. Learn from it. Move on. From the way these package cars look today
they sure aren't going to see it. And for those of you who think it's some kind of integrity
issue, please. You really going to mention integrity and UPS in the same breath?

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
The only reason I didn’t say anything was because it was a random pole. It wasn’t someone’s property. An other reason why I didn’t say anything was because I’ve seen other package car rear bumpers with a little dents.
Don’t tell anyone , any cameras around?
😎✊

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
Keep your mouth shut and don't let it happen again, for future reference always report anything that seems like a accident. Grass has tire marks, report it. Keep your nose clean and head down until you get passed the 30 days and if they do ask make sure you talk to your union steward first.