Accident

Bigd23

I am on my 30 day probation. And I was working Saturday and backed into a pole and the rear bumper to back into has a dent. I didn’t report it. Will they know and fire me ?

TSB

Yeah, I'm a road hog
For all the bloviating that goes on here about "follow the methods", "work as directed", Sups doing this or Sups doing that and I'm gonna grieve it then the same has to hold true when a driver friend's up. You hit something, caused damage and did not report it. What do you think they should do? If you were a Sup what would you do? When they give you time off, (if you don't get fired outright) use that off time to find your integrity.

542thruNthru

For all the bloviating that goes on here about "follow the methods", "work as directed", Sups doing this or Sups doing that and I'm gonna grieve it then the same has to hold true when a driver friend's up. You hit something, caused damage and did not report it. What do you think they should do? If you were a Sup what would you do? When they give you time off, (if you don't get fired outright) use that off time to find your integrity.
Lmao. Yeah because management is the epitome of integrity.

People make mistakes especially in stressful moments.

TSB

Yeah, I'm a road hog
Lmao. Yeah because management is the epitome of integrity.

People make mistakes especially in stressful moments.
OP does not give enough info on the circumstances that caused the collision so giving the OP an "out" with a stress excuse is premature.

Bigd23

For all the bloviating that goes on here about "follow the methods", "work as directed", Sups doing this or Sups doing that and I'm gonna grieve it then the same has to hold true when a driver friend's up. You hit something, caused damage and did not report it. What do you think they should do? If you were a Sup what would you do? When they give you time off, (if you don't get fired outright) use that off time to find your integrit
You should have reported it.
The only reason I didn’t say anything was because it was a random pole. It wasn’t someone’s property. An other reason why I didn’t say anything was because I’ve seen other package car rear bumpers with a little dents.

TSB

Yeah, I'm a road hog
The only reason I didn’t say anything was because it was a random pole. It wasn’t someone’s property. An other reason why I didn’t say anything was because I’ve seen other package car rear bumpers with a little dents.
So those "other package cars with dents", did you see it happen? Did you ask the driver if they reported it? There's many ways a dent can get into a bumper unfortunately you caused yours and decided not to report it.

nWo

Management ain't going to know unless someone calls in and complains. By the time they notice damage on the truck too much time will have passed for them to figure it who did it. But if someone does call it in expect to be sent to prison.

We had a guy that took out a mailbox while qualifying. He called it in and he still qualified. Honesty is the best policy.

Nah
Well if you end up in an accident again no matter how minor report it ASAP. As for what to do now, I can't advise you. I don't condone trying to cover it up, but if you report it after the fact they'll fire you for dishonesty.

Good luck whatever you do. If you're unsure about space and obstacles in the future, remember GOAL. Get Out And Look

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I am on my 30 day probation. And I was working Saturday and backed into a pole and the rear bumper to back into has a dent. I didn’t report it. Will they know and fire me ?
No. Management has zero idea of what the trucks look like. The car wash causes more dents and dings than anything.

Last edited: