Advice for Female

D

dannyboy

Package car drivers do not need a CDL. Sounds like he was jerking some chains.

d

M

mr_roboto

the Lock of the Year..still valid!

GRL will never be hired at UPS.

why won't anybody bet me?

btw...I'm still haven't fully recovered from the hurtful comments from some of the regular gals here that i am an idiot. Especially now that i am aware that they are normal and ride Bulls.

i agree with what toonertoo posted below.....most men are like danniboy and that "pretty boy" delivery man.

roboto is one one a kind.

O

opie

They used to do the tour and application and stuff all in one day. But, UPS wants to see if you really want to work at UPS. I think it's a good idea.

L

local804

I am not sure about the rest of the nation, but here in NY package car drivers must have a CDL before employment as a driver.Alot of drivers were grandfathered through this, but now its no joke.No cdl no driving job.

P

parttimejon

yeah... now the new hires wait a week before they quit that first paycheck for 100 dollars is a doosy. you old timers wouldn't know anything about that

D

dannyboy

Well robottom, you just didnt hide it well enough. Im sure one will come up with some pretty bandaids for your wounds.

CDL to drive a package car. Wonder why in New York it is like that. Learn something new every day here. Unless it is over 26,000 gross, a regular license will do you here.

d

(Message edited by dannyboy on November 20, 2003)

T

toonertoo

Just a regular drivers license with less than 8 points on it here. they may frown on any points coming from a DUI or Reckless op tho........

T

toonertoo

Roboto, quit while ahead, I never saw a woman call you an idiot so quit hurting over it could you be seeing a reflection that makes you think that?

M

mr_roboto

Brown Cafe Stock Competition..i joined!

my id has been rejected a few times but i'll be all set to go by 12/1. i made my fortune trading penny stocks and commodity futures so i'll be brand new to the BIG stocks just like most everybody else here.

i urge the girls on this board to join. they should learn how to trade stocks as they may not always be able to depend on a man to do it for them.

roboto

L

local804

Nice shirt Roboto, some of your post are very funny too. Have you ever thought about the UFC?

O

over9five

"...may not always be able to depend on a man to do it for them"

Quick! Call the politically correct police!

hoser

Industrial Slob
I'm 43. I look about 10/15 years younger but I don't know if the HR person will look at me and say too small, too old, no way.....
This is known as "discrimination"

There are lots of tiny women at my centre. They can do a bit of lifting (no one minds helping them with heavy stuff), but once they put in their time stacking trailers, they get the cushy jobs like smalls or ECS.

helenofcalifornia

Though women are far and few to see at our center in both parttime and fulltime jobs, "easier" jobs are always given out to the one with the most seniority that wants it.

rod

Retired 22 years
About 15 years ago we had a great looking gal hired as a peak season driver. Sorry to say she couldn't get the hang of it and everyday they would take more and more stops off of her. The rest of us were picking up the extra stops she couldn't deliver so it got old real fast. Finally a friend of mine had had it and he shouted out one morning during the sort "what's a person have to do around here to get a cut- have blonde hair and t-ts"? Sad thing was is that it was the truth. Oh by the way, the guy they had hired as a peak season driver wasn't getting any cuts. No I am not anti women. I do believe in EQUAL work for EQUAL pay tho. P.S. nothing ever happened to my friend for his comment.

Cezanne

Would it be fair to say that most UNION jobs at UPS were never created for women, they have a thing call standards and considering the physical breakdown of ALL our bodies over time most women generally leave well before the men do. Truth is that no matter how safe you are, following the methods, men would have the advantage just by having the upper body strength. In my thirty years with the company I can remember only about three to five staying 25 or 30 years to collect a full time pension. The ladies who make it for any amount of time quit to start a family, find easier work or leave through the disability route.

For the most part during the 70's and 80's the vast majority of new hires were males of college age, the prime target or this kind of work. Admit that they adjusted their standards and the manual labor part of the work is not as hard as it was during those decades. Newer technology and more concern over safety practices among the part time workforce. In my hub we have over 150 package car drivers currently, of that group only 7 are women and the highest seniority is about 15 years, that in itself tells the physical battering that this position takes on both sexes.

rod

Retired 22 years
In my 30 years working for the Brown Machine I would say that the biggest percentage of women drivers quit because their kids and or husbands wanted them to. There is something about the wife working until 7 or 8 every night that other family members don't like. Can you imagine that.

hoser

Industrial Slob
In my 30 years working for the Brown Machine I would say that the biggest percentage of women drivers quit because their kids and or husbands wanted them to. There is something about the wife working until 7 or 8 every night that other family members don't like. Can you imagine that.

then that means...good god, the man would have to prepare dinner! :ohmy::ohmy::ohmy::ohmy:

rod

Retired 22 years
Bingo!!!!! Welcome to the real world. That's what happens when these women marry men that can't take care of themselves. Works the other way also.