Advice for Packet

PT Car Washer

On my packet and day 30 arrives following the manager telling me my production is not consistent so he is going to extend 15 days. I have been told this happens either because A) most likely I'll will get screwed and be made seasonal instead. B) I have 15 days to be consistent and if I am I have nothing to worry about.

A driver told me he can't do that he has to tell me on day 30 if I made it or not. I have seen a lot of crazier things happen the 8 months I have been here so I'm curious what y'all think? I drive a resi route usually at about 280 with 2-3 hour over.
I have seen more then one driver extended. You could talk to your Union business agent for his insight and hope for the best.

oldngray

nowhere special
He's waiting for you to consult your Magic 8-ball and give him the answer.
magic8ball250.gif

By The Book

On my packet and day 30 arrives following the manager telling me my production is not consistent so he is going to extend 15 days. I have been told this happens either because A) most likely I'll will get screwed and be made seasonal instead. B) I have 15 days to be consistent and if I am I have nothing to worry about.

A driver told me he can't do that he has to tell me on day 30 if I made it or not. I have seen a lot of crazier things happen the 8 months I have been here so I'm curious what y'all think? I drive a resi route usually at about 280 with 2-3 hour over.
Are you on one of your buildings training routes? This is a route ran every day that the regular driver was moved from so you could do your 30 day packet.

rod

Retired 22 years
They will ride you like a mule until the day you retire. Get used to it. Its just the only way they know how to interact with the employees. They are getting pressure from higher-up also---probably even more than you're getting.

By The Book

There's language, usually in you supplement/rider that talks about how any additional days are to be used as it relates to the 30 day training period. You should call your local union and speak with the business agent of your building. If you were a driver who had no accidents and had a good service record, not a lot of service failures you should be ok. Is the regular driver this late? Did you ask the regular driver how to run the route?

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
When you are on your packet and day 30 comes following the supervisor tells me my production is not consistent so he is going to extend 15 days. I have been told I'm basically going to be seasonal and the manager is just giving me some days to earn money... what y'all think? Is he really extending or will I end up seasonal
Sounds like you didn't cut it, but they're desperate for bodies.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

When you are on your packet and day 30 comes following the supervisor tells me my production is not consistent so he is going to extend 15 days. I have been told I'm basically going to be seasonal and the manager is just giving me some days to earn money... what y'all think? Is he really extending or will I end up seasonal

They typically do not extend the 30 so, yeah, it does sound like you are now considered to be a seasonal hire.

By The Book

It would be unfair to the bid driver to have you extend on his route, which he bid knowing full well that he would have to vacate it for 30 days for training as needed.
Knowing that your center team is going to extend this drivers packet, and your the bid route driver, tell me what you do.