Advice for the ladies

Hey, I'm new here and wanted to know what advice can you give to female new hires? From what I've seen on the site they don't tend to last long.

Wit Cho Yo Goofass

I’m also a new female member,but I come from other message boards that teach me to have thicker skin. Only thing that will make me chuck up the deuces here is if there is open racism here.
source.gif

You’ll be fine here.

Box Ox

Hey, I'm new here and wanted to know what advice can you give to female new hires? From what I've seen on the site they don't tend to last long.

Most female hires don't last long. But those who do could karate any of the guys. Especially if they're not career small sorters. And I think most folks, male and female, often do a lot of "What am I doing here?", and "I should really quit". Especially in the early days when they're barely paid anything and don't have any benefits. Don't let such thoughts discourage you. UPS is just your paid exercise program unless/until it becomes something more.

Wit Cho Yo Goofass

Don't go into Current Events.
Ha, yep I knew it was here... it’s kind of apparent in other threads about black employees.

I.e. the one about the driver and his dreads and the one about the dock worker and baggy pants.

It’s just like I’m at work, comments on race without really saying it cause they have black friends but still voted for Trump because of Hillary’s emails.

Box Ox

Ha, yep I knew it was here... it’s kind of apparent in other threads about black employees.

I.e. the one about the driver and his dreads and the one about the dock worker and baggy pants.

I'm gonna go ahead and say I didn't assume the employees with the dreads or baggy pants were black. Did you? It actually hadn't crossed my mind. Because you see all races do all things on the PT sorts that I guess an outsider or new UPSer might assume is behavior typical of one race or another.

But yeah, Current Events is a pretty big mess. I blame it on @floridays

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
We have plenty of white guys with dreads and baggy pants. Half of the workforce smokes pot.
Women don't last long at UPS because they treat everyone like dirt. You should never treat a woman like that. I would not want my wife to work here. Honestly i tell everyone to stay away from this place.

Gonna need a pic before any advice can be given

Ha ha I'm kinda short and a bit chubby. Not really the eye candy you were looking for :P. I'm not really looking to move up into driving or anything. I'm an engineering major and I was hoping this would give me a leg up for an internship or a job after I graduate.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Ha ha I'm kinda short and a bit chubby. Not really the eye candy you were looking for :P. I'm not really looking to move up into driving or anything. I'm an engineering major and I was hoping this would give me a leg up for an internship or a job after I graduate.

You sound just like my type

Woman needs a little meat on her bones