After retired, you change your mind?

raceanoncr

This ain't about me. I've been retired, now, 4 1/2 yrs and there ain't no way in H*** I'd ever want to come back. And, some of you are of the opinion that retirees should not be posting on BC at ALL because this is the "NEW UPS" and we have been by-passed. OK, I get it. But this just happened here, this past week, reflecting the "NEW UPS"?

A driver, after, supposedly, researching EVERYTHING

This ain't about me. I've been retired, now, 4 1/2 yrs and there ain't no way in H*** I'd ever want to come back. And, some of you are of the opinion that retirees should not be posting on BC at ALL because this is the "NEW UPS" and we have been by-passed. OK, I get it. But this just happened here, this past week, reflecting the "NEW UPS"?

A driver, after, supposedly, researching EVERYTHING
Never heard me say anything like that. You put the time in,you should be heard.

No matter what some " simple minded" people think.

raceanoncr

This driver, knew EVERYTHING about EVERYTHING. Evidently you can't/couldn't tell him anything.

So after retiring Friday, claiming that, being in CS, he's only have to pay $100 a mo for insurance for him and his wife, he calls back Wed, crying that he was mistaken. He has to pay $200 EACH and THEN, so it's claimed, he has to have, at least, 20 years vested. He only has 18 FT. He's down there begging for job back.

Long story short, he gets it. Right or wrong?

This driver, knew EVERYTHING about EVERYTHING. Evidently you can't/couldn't tell him anything.

So after retiring Friday, claiming that, being in CS, he's only have to pay $100 a mo for insurance for him and his wife, he calls back Wed, crying that he was mistaken. He has to pay $200 EACH and THEN, so it's claimed, he has to have, at least, 20 years vested. He only has 18 FT. He's down there begging for job back.

Wrong.

How would you like to be the guys underneath him?

oldngray

nowhere special

Wrong in so many ways. One would think someone with that many years in would at least have a clue.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.

I don't get it.

He should have met with a retirement agent from the pension(s).

They should have told him that he didn't have enough time.

Did he just "say" he was retiring and this day will be my last?

Then go to the retirement agent and find out after the fact?

retired2000

Now this is from one of the old guys but we had a fellow that did the same thing. He retired for a week and came back for the same reason. We were fine with it because back then we were family. Today's ups no one knows each other and do not care

Camping Nana

Wrong.

How would you like to be the guys underneath him?

I think there are more scenarios to this than what we may be hearing. When DH "retired," his last day of work was in May. For all intents and purposes, he was "retired." However, his accumulated vacation days, sick days, etc. were scheduled after his last day and he was still receiving a check from UPS until some time in August. He was told that he could change his mind at any time during that period and return to work after his scheduled time off. It was during this time between May and August that we received final information regarding insurance costs, exact pension amount, etc. etc. And I have to say that information we had been given by the union office prior to his "last day" was not completely accurate. It wasn't so bad that we panicked - but it did surprise us a bit. He had applied and received the "estimated" retirement income - had made several phone calls to the union office as well as the people handling the insurance ---- not all the information we were given was correct and we didn't find out until he had already stopped working and made the official application for retirement benefits.

If the man in question had a similar situation, I don't see what the problem is with him returning to work - or as some might put it... "getting his job back." Based upon our experience, it is entirely possible that he was given the wrong information from the union office regarding his ability to retire at 18 years with full benefits instead of 20.

I think there are more scenarios to this than what we may be hearing. When DH "retired," his last day of work was in May. For all intents and purposes, he was "retired." However, his accumulated vacation days, sick days, etc. were scheduled after his last day and he was still receiving a check from UPS until some time in August. He was told that he could change his mind at any time during that period and return to work after his scheduled time off. It was during this time between May and August that we received final information regarding insurance costs, exact pension amount, etc. etc. And I have to say that information we had been given by the union office prior to his "last day" was not completely accurate. It wasn't so bad that we panicked - but it did surprise us a bit. He had applied and received the "estimated" retirement income - had made several phone calls to the union office as well as the people handling the insurance ---- not all the information we were given was correct and we didn't find out until he had already stopped working and made the official application for retirement benefits.

If the man in question had a similar situation, I don't see what the problem is with him returning to work - or as some might put it... "getting his job back." Based upon our experience, it is entirely possible that he was given the wrong information from the union office regarding his ability to retire at 18 years with full benefits instead of 20.
I can understand that. Just can't understand how somebody doesn't have a clue on retirement. Or why UPS would five him his job back.
He got lucky. Probably 80k difference between a new hire and a full-time full rate one.

raceanoncr

I can understand that. Just can't understand how somebody doesn't have a clue on retirement. Or why UPS would five him his job back.
He got lucky. Probably 80k difference between a new hire and a full-time full rate one.

I agree, there are probably lots of things I/we don't know....maybe LIMPER can enlighten us because he seems to know everything too.

In this guys case, it appears he may have received some sort of pension check. The way I hear it, yes HEAR it, not witnessed it, is that he as to agree to give money back, which could take up to a month before he's reinstated.

As to not having correct information or no information, again, as "I've" has stated, I, also cannot understand NOT having correct information or incorrect information before I left. In my case, yes, I said MY case, I made DAMN sure all my ducks were in a row. No, I didn't have vac left or unused days or anything else. I had my estimate, my time in, everything confirmed, so...BOOM, stay outta my way.

I agree, there are probably lots of things I/we don't know....maybe LIMPER can enlighten us because he seems to know everything too.

In this guys case, it appears he may have received some sort of pension check. The way I hear it, yes HEAR it, not witnessed it, is that he as to agree to give money back, which could take up to a month before he's reinstated.

As to not having correct information or no information, again, as "I've" has stated, I, also cannot understand NOT having correct information or incorrect information before I left. In my case, yes, I said MY case, I made DAMN sure all my ducks were in a row. No, I didn't have vac left or unused days or anything else. I had my estimate, my time in, everything confirmed, so...BOOM, stay outta my way.
We had a guy who was so Hell bent on retiring. He wouldn't listen to anybody.

He just need a few more months to get. 85.
Now he will pay for it,forever.
He retired in November. He need till February. If he would have only worked December then took his vacations at the beginning of the year.