After Two Weeks

After two weeks on the job as a preloader, I don't understand how people do this for years and sometimes decades; chasing that elusive possible drivers position and great benefits I suppose. In my initial post, I made a comment about how I didn't get how people could be bitter about working here; I understand 100% now. Soul-sucking and life consuming should be the proper job description.

An actual image of UPS.
latest

PT Car Washer

After two weeks on the job as a preloader, I don't understand how people do this for years and sometimes decades; chasing that elusive possible drivers position and great benefits I suppose. In my initial post, I made a comment about how I didn't get how people could be bitter about working here; I understand 100% now. Soul-sucking and life consuming should be the proper job description.

An actual image of UPS.
latest
Most of the PT in my building do not want a FT driver job. With two weeks in you must be considered a lifer by the new guys.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member

An actual image of UPS.
latest

Poor, sweet baby.

You get paid to workout. In a year you get benefits for your paid workout, and by then have a steaming hot bod. If you go to college you get a bunch free.

Then comes career advancement and other job perks. You can even fast track to driver. It doesn't always take ten years.

What's so bad about it? I've got six herniated discs in my back and radicular neuropathy in my hands and forearms. I can still do it. What's your excuse? That it's hard?

Snack

I remember walking into the facility my first day and wondering what I had gotten myself into. Nearly two years have passed, and I'm grateful I stuck with it. The health insurance alone has made it worthwhile.

RuthlessSupSlayer

An actual image of UPS.
latest

Disclosure: i am going to be honest and blunt about this:

1. After your 30 days work smarter not harder and safely

2. Don't take no sht from the sups.

3. Grind through because there is a metaphorical "pot of gold" and great benefits most people dream of.

4. I do not know if you have a degree or not but regardless as a FT PCD you can make very good money that is well above the national average. In other words, YOU HAVE TO EARN IT...NO PARTICIPATION TROPHIES HERE CUPCAKE.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

An actual image of UPS.
latest
Lol after only 2 weeks.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

An actual image of UPS.
latest
If you made what the old timers are making, it would be 40k a year plus benefits.

rod

Retired 22 years

An actual image of UPS.
latest

Most any job sucks. VERY VERY few people actually love what they do for a living. Mostly it just involves surviving as an adult. You will find that out after your next few jobs. If you've only been at UPS for 2 weeks and already feel this way it probably isn't for you. One day you could look back and think--"Damn-- I wish I would have stayed at UPS". Especially if you meet an old fart like me who tells you about being able to retire at 53.

Last edited:

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Most any job sucks. VERY VERY few people actually love what they do for a living. Mostly it just involves surviving as an adult. You will find that out after your next few jobs. If you've only been at UPS for 2 weeks and already feel this way it probably isn't for you. One day you could look back and think--"Damn-- I wish I would have stayed at UPS". Especially if you meet an old fart like me who tells you about being able to retire at 53.
As I said as a twenty year old looking for my first job. You can pay me enough to do just about anything.

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
Messaged in about 30 minutes ago saying there was a death in the family and was wondering if someone could finish my route..."we need you to get it done. The faster you go the faster you can get home t your family" I couldn't believe it but at the same
Time it's what I expected...leave while you can this place is bogus