"After vacations"

littlelady

When is "after vacations" for anyone else. I Had a question and got a vague answer. I know some or most of you know when that time frame consists of.

littlelady

Guess I should have explained more. I was told some bid sheets were being posted after vacations...... Not sure what that means considering we have people taking vacations year round.

littlelady

No, I don't think that's it. We are waiting for a few bid sheets for truck positions that have opened up, and are being told after vacations.

TheKid

When they say "after vacations" they probably are referring to the end of the summer vacations. I am only guessing here.

littlelady

I know I'm new here but i'm not speaking a completely different language. I'm trying to word this right and failing miserably. We have driving spots that opened up, at least a few ..... two pt and one ft opening. They are going up for bid. So I am not sure why you would say that you don't bid for truck positions at ups (enlighten me) Ustate

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The bids that are posted are most likely for cover driver (FT) and air driver (PT). We don't drive trucks--we drive package cars. Our clipboard is not a computer--it is a Delivery Information Acquisition Device. We don't bid truck positions--we bid delivery routes.

littlelady

Upstate REALLY ! because I didn't use the appropriate "lingo" you felt the need to infect my thread with negativity? If you can't be polite.... BUT OUT!! More like resident Jack A** Stay out of my threads, I don't even want any helpful info from you I know what a fricken DIAD is and I move "Package Cars" everyday! Look up the defenition car and it really doesn't describe UPS vehicles.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Welcome to brown cafe little lady.
As you will see, there are some resident jokesters, and then some who understand that you are new and try to help. all are harmless IE mean no harm. Just roll with it, and you will have fun here.

littlelady

I've been lurking for a while toonertoo and I think you are right but I have seen a lot of posts from certain people and can figure the generally cranky ones :wink2: In any case, dislike negativity unless it shows in the form of fun. Thank you for the welcome!