Saturday deliveries and upcoming vacations are preventing layoffs!

Upass.

I know that everyone situation is different when it comes to package volume, but one thing is certain, Saturday and upcoming vacations are stopping the company from laying off lower seniority drivers.

Thebrownblob

I know that everyone situation is different when it comes to package volume, but one thing is certain, Saturday and upcoming vacations are stopping the company from laying off lower seniority drivers.
We have had very few package car drivers laid off here. The biggest problem is there isn’t very many pre-August 2019 employees available to cover if they lay off the low seniority Tuesday through Saturday RPCDs. The closer we get to summer vacations, the less likely layoffs would be here.

MECH-II

🧔‍♂️✊
we have tons of lay offs every morning

you know , the guys who take days off during the week when the supervisor calls them!

these young pups better hope guys keep taking days off
🧔‍♂️✊

542thruNthru

We have had very few package car drivers laid off here. The biggest problem is there isn’t very many pre-August 2019 employees available to cover if they lay off the low seniority Tuesday through Saturday RPCDs. The closer we get to summer vacations, the less likely layoffs would be here.
I have a feeling that language might be put on hold if it comes down to it. Something tells me the IBT might sign a LOA.

UPSmechanicinblue

Think they'll just stop delivering on Saturday if it gets bad?
Better not bigger!! so would not surprise me. Selling UPS freight was so eF N ass nine. We could have gained lots of freight after yellow went down. UPS is about making the biggest buck any quarter anyway possible. Saturday delivery does help us compete many may not believe this.

DOK

Saturday delivery is really costing the company a lot of money, think of how many drivers would be laid off by going back to strictly mon-fri operation with only Saturday air. Be a much leaner company, who knows what bombshell decisions are coming, Better not Bigger….