age and health

Is there language in the contract that deals with a drivers health and age consideration?

• Yes, Where in contract ?

Votes: 14 70.0%
  • no

Votes: 6 30.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ZIPPD

Robert
Is there language in the contract that deals with a drivers health and age consideration? I was told by our new dispatcher that maybe I should retire after telling her I was no spring chicken and had some health issues...

Is there language in the contract that deals with a drivers health and age consideration? I was told by our new dispatcher that maybe I should retire after telling her I was no spring chicken and had some health issues...
Tell him to go :censored2: himself

Not sure where it's listed in the contract but it says age and physical condition must be taken into account.

@BigUnionGuy probably knows the answer

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
There is or was something in the contract about age. I brought it up to my dispatcher once and he told me to bid on an easier route. I had already done that, they just keep piling more stops on it. And they think we will magically finish in the same amount of time with the sorry ORION system and the way our routes are loaded.

sandwich

The resident gearhead
Yes there is. They won’t change anything until you become a problem though.

become a problem

file 9.5 grievances, file harassment grievances with her name on it, work at a safer pace, ask for help with over 70’s. If you dont get help, bring them back. Send messages in that your going to need help to be under 9.5, send messages in that business in jeopardy if you don’t get help, start running straight air then business savers then start your route, etc......

I love these types of management people. It’s so easy to adjust their attitude. Best part, once you establish who the captain of your ship is, they will dislike you and not want to talk to you.

UnconTROLLed

perfection

Not sure where it's listed in the contract but it says age and physical condition must be taken into account.

i filed on this and the grievance was for all intents and purposes thrown in the trash. Mocked by the union local. can't get into specifics but tread carefully with that, you may be targeted on all sides

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Go into feeder. One of the reasons I retired is because of self preservation. Physically and mentally. But i did realize it was getting harder to stay focused 100% of the time which is an absolute necessity in a driving job.

anyways , I agree with @UnconTROLLed. You will just put a larger target on your back. Just use the methods and do the best you can. i don't think they really can do anything because of federal discrimination guidelines.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Go into feeder. One of the reasons I retired is because of self preservation. Physically and mentally. But i did realize it was getting harder to stay focused 100% of the time which is an absolute necessity in a driving job.

anyways , I agree with @UnconTROLLed. You will just put a larger target on your back. Just use the methods and do the best you can. i don't think they really can do anything because of federal discrimination guidelines.
Okay, but my experience is otherwise. Still evolving.

ManInBrown

That’s immediate grounds for a harassment grievance. Do not let that slide.