Age limit

oldupsman

There is no age limit just as long as the driver passes the DOT physical and is still safe to perform the work. I have seen package car drivers go right up to 65 before retiring.

There is a guy in my old building still driving package car at the age of 73. Delivers air in the morning,
then some ground during the day. Collecting his full pension, full social security. Has 46 fulltime yeras in.
Just saw him about 2 months ago. Said he'd be leaving this year. I don't believe him.

rod

Retired 22 years
There is a guy in my old building still driving package car at the age of 73. Delivers air in the morning,
then some ground during the day. Collecting his full pension, full social security. Has 46 fulltime yeras in.
Just saw him about 2 months ago. Said he'd be leaving this year. I don't believe him.

Let me guess---he is supporting a couple of ex wives and a whole :censored2: load of offspring who are in their 40's and 50's and have sponged off him all their lives. 73 and still driving--give me a break.

35years

Gravy route
Feeder drivers regularly work into their 70s. Some over 80. After the pension fiasco I wouldn't be surprised to see package car drivers do the same.

PT Car Washer

Feeder drivers regularly work into their 70s. Some over 80. After the pension fiasco I wouldn't be surprised to see package car drivers do the same.
I doubt if there are that many Feeder drivers able to pass a DOT physical at 70 let alone 80. Some maybe, but not many.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
I doubt if there are that many Feeder drivers able to pass a DOT physical at 70 let alone 80. Some maybe, but not many.
There's an 80 something feeder drive in the twin cities. Won't retire so his ex wife can't get his pension.

Dude has it made, doesn't build or break down sets. Just gets in and goes

clean hairy

How does a person still working collect SS and Pension?
Kinda interested to know this!