Age when you decide to go Brown and how many years with the company

chev

Nightcrawler
Geez....all these people going full time after 2-3 years. The wait in my building from start to full time is 8+ years. I've been there 9 years (plus 1 week) and people ABOVE me are still waiting to drive!! One guy made it into driving after probably 11 years part time. And he's bumped into the building to work frequently. Once they get in full time it's a few years to their own route still.
"Holy Sillyputty". I'd have quit by then(and probably regretted it). I thought 4 1/2 years was a long time. I could'nt wait to tell McDonalds to kiss my beef patties. Being a swing manager sucked. :sick: My store manager kept asking my why I would want to go hump packages out in the weather all day when I could be working inside. I "tactfully" explained to him that 16k a year wasn't cutting it. Actually I told him to get real and explained to him that I would be making more than HIM. He didn't like that. :wink2: That made me happy.

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
22 years old, currently close to 12 years. Still part time, however, I transfered from Portland, OR, to Spokane, WA so my seniority is all whacked up. Been full time twice now and have had it stripped away both times.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I had to read through this twice to figure out how you 2 started posting replies to your own posts. Only they weren't your own posts. That's hilarious.

705red

Browncafe Steward
Dont mess with doug chapman, he is one of the most stand up men you will ever meet. Everything he said he did on his own dime, his own time to help brothers and sisters and family members get what they had coming but ups and others were holding back.

He helped a very good friend of mine that was a feeder driver out of addison and was terminated by ups and the crap union we had in at the time to get his retirement medical. Just mentioning his name at ups to mangement will get you some very stern looks.

Doug thank you for evrything that you have done and will do down the road.