Air driver Pay Progression ?????

VTBrown

Sorry...guys. My internet was down.

Backlasher I am actually sorry that at 32 years you have failed to learn how to live within your means and need to work all those jobs for your family.
I could also care less about how "hard" you've worked in the past you tool. You called yourself a mason, if you were a mason you'd still be a mason. You were probably one of the manual labor junkie's working for the Mason.

My Cousin is a mason. I've spent a few weekends helping him out. Am I a mason now too?

I'm also sorry your pretty slow - perhaps why your working three jobs now? I was talking about what person freaken complains about getting what is about an $8hr raise over only 2.5 years of progression. Go cry me a river.

Your job and even my job as a ground driver is manual labor and we are over paid for the job we do.

I'm a cover driver and cover 16 routes out of our 25 route center. Friday I did 164 del and 32 pick ups, 376 packages del and 298 picked up. I also had to break route for my air as we don't use air drivers. My spohr was 20.88hr.

I also was a FedEx Express driver for 4 years before coming here. Trust me.....your job is easy dude.

Overpaid Union Thug

Sorry...guys. My internet was down.

Backlasher I am actually sorry that at 32 years you have failed to learn how to live within your means and need to work all those jobs for your family.
I could also care less about how "hard" you've worked in the past you tool. You called yourself a mason, if you were a mason you'd still be a mason. You were probably one of the manual labor junkie's working for the Mason.

My Cousin is a mason. I've spent a few weekends helping him out. Am I a mason now too?

I'm also sorry your pretty slow - perhaps why your working three jobs now? I was talking about what person freaken complains about getting what is about an $8hr raise over only 2.5 years of progression. Go cry me a river.

Your job and even my job as a ground driver is manual labor and we are over paid for the job we do.

I'm a cover driver and cover 16 routes out of our 25 route center. Friday I did 164 del and 32 pick ups, 376 packages del and 298 picked up. I also had to break route for my air as we don't use air drivers. My spohr was 20.88hr.

I also was a FedEx Express driver for 4 years before coming here. Trust me.....your job is easy dude.

I don't see what the big deal is man. Yeah...so the guy said he wished the progression rate was better but so what? It's not that deep. I don't see the point of your arrogance. It's like you are just trying to get a rise out of someone. Chill out. :)

MsDee

You started at $12.50 cause you had already obtained your seniority date prior to starting raises as an air driver are based on your air driver start date.
So around this time next yr. you will go up to $13.00.
at 18 months (1 yr. 6 month) from your air driver start date you are at $13.50.

at 24 months from air start you are then at top rate which as of Aug. 1'07 is at $20.50.

As for your Vacation it follows threw from your hiring date at UPS and is not affected by changing job class. Call your unions local and make sure you get your Vacation. You earned it and deserve it just like the rest of us.

Contrary to what the knuckle head in the comments above us think.

Cough...VtBrown... aka..... give me more..aka log in and man up to your posting.

Maybe some residential route might have easy air. DR away baby. Oh and remember a signature only counts if your not the one siging.

My record was 29 stops in an hr. cause we all know how late those planes get in the winter. of course I saved a bulk stop for last, had it in pre record and sig mode before 10:30 but I got em off legit.

My area is no D.R. allowed and mostly commercial so I get alot of bulk. I had 35 large parcels for Sprint PCS. I get an average of 3 drums of powdered metals for 1 company among other bulks for metal stamping co.s etc......
I have 2 have an p800 or 600 or I'm screwed for my route.

Like I said. I assume you don't have Foundry work or Masonry work in your resume. I know work.

And couldn't you look at every job as labor work. Nobody in this co. needs even an associates degree to do full time driven all the way down to pre load so why should any of get the top rates we get based on your mentality.
but we all work hard.
I wish your pre loader new what you think of him. I'm sure you'd be suprised on how jacked your sort might become.
Just cause I'm only with ups 3 -4 hr a day doesn't mean my days done. I work my other job till 8:30p.m. ot later and I work expedited delivery on Saturdays and sundays.
I have a couple questions and this thread seemed like a good place to start.

Some quick background: I have been at UPS for 10.5 months, and I bid for an Air Driver position which I won. I have been driving for 28 days, so my probation is almost over. My manager showed me the air driver pay scale and it was $11.50 first 30-days, $12.50 after 30, $13.50 after 1 year.

My first question is about the pay rates. Since I started driving I have been making the second tier of pay ($12.50) the entire time. Is the pay scale based on my time driving or my time at UPS? In other words should I be looking forward to an extra $1.00/hour when I hit my one-year with the company?

My second question is about vacation time. Like I said my one year with UPS is on October 30th. I asked my manager about scheduling my vacation because, as I understand it, if I don't use the time before the end of the year I lose it, and vacation time isn't given between Thanksgiving and New Year's so I have a small window. He said that he doesn't think I will get my vacation for another year because I bid to a different job. Is this true?

Thanks for any help, sorry about the long post!
Hello Backlasher, I have a question? I am a air driver I started in May 2013 a inside job has come open if I take this job will I still be govern under the air rules which apply too air drivers topping out in 2 years or will I be place under the inside combination contract and have too top out under the 3 years?

MsDee

I forgot too mention also I'm full-time I just went full-time in May 2013 and I'm trying too understand the 2013 contract book and how it applies too me if I transfer and do inside-inside will my seniority date change? Will I be push back from when I became full-time and have too work an extra year to top out? Because according too the new contract inside-inside tops out in 3 years but then I read that you will not have too go threw progression nothing but 1 time so my question is in May of 2014 will I top out regardless if I stay in air or take a job on the inside because the union book states that no employee shall be required too complete a full-time progression more than 1 time even if u transfer between full-time jobs I'm new too this so it's a little hard for me too understand thanks again