Air driver question

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
How do I date a FT PC...... order more Amazon?.....
image.jpg

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
How does one become a full time air driver?
I am currently a part timer. I work the preload, deliver air most days when needed and run air every Sat.
I also drove peak the last 2 seasons. My goal is to be a FT driver. I should be getting another shot to go driving in the Spring but with the volume being down lately I'm worried that they won't work me enough days to qualify. Just wondering what my easiest path to full time might be. I really need this to happen. Been busting my butt working 2 jobs to make ends meet.

I can think of at least 3 scenarios where you could get the FT AIR job.
1. Whoever is doing it now gives up their bid. This is fairly unlikely, but not impossible. The least likely of the 3.
2. Volume increases, and UPS has to create another FT AIR spot to handle the extra volume. Also unlikely, because UPS hates creating new jobs as they feel they are currently already too generous. Also, if they did create it, and a more senior driver bid it, you would still be in the same pickle.
3. A FT Ground driver retires, and the FT AIR driver takes that spot, thereby opening up the AIR job for you. This, while being near impossible to predict is the single most likely way to get that FT AIR job.
It takes time.

BurntSienna

I can think of at least 3 scenarios where you could get the FT AIR job.
1. Whoever is doing it now gives up their bid. This is fairly unlikely, but not impossible. The least likely of the 3.
2. Volume increases, and UPS has to create another FT AIR spot to handle the extra volume. Also unlikely, because UPS hates creating new jobs as they feel they are currently already too generous. Also, if they did create it, and a more senior driver bid it, you would still be in the same pickle.
3. A FT Ground driver retires, and the FT AIR driver takes that spot, thereby opening up the AIR job for you. This, while being near impossible to predict is the single most likely way to get that FT AIR job.
It takes time.

Thank you for your response. Much appreciated. Had to sift through a bunch of BS to find it though

UnconTROLLed

perfection
No mention of the OP's PT seniority date and a rough estimate of how many others to compete against. If you are relatively new, and in a small building, might as well find a 3rd job. D:

Scuba Steve

@Brownslave688

How do you work all these hours at UPS and also find time to respond to every post on Brown Cafe multiple times? Not to mention searching for the memes and gifs in your responses. Then appear to love getting into a keyboard fights on the internet... UPS has obviously consumed your entire life both at work and in your moms basement. Get some help kid.

Attachments

• imagesXVEMH83M.jpg
    imagesXVEMH83M.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 138