"air recovery"?

hoser

Industrial Slob
I did a search, but I got nadda.

We're getting a new center soon, and posted on the placard is reference to "air recovery" positions. What is "Air Recovery"? Is it UPS' term for ramp handler/air package handler?

...in other news, I turned down an offer for sup position. screw it. if things ran smoothly, i would have been glad, but our center is just a gong show and i really don't need that crap in my life right now. or ever, for that matter. i can imagine the tear in trick pony's eye. i know.

Channahon

re: "air recovery"?

Air recovery is a designated location in a UPS building. The the drivers drop off their NDA packages, they are loaded into containers and shuttled to the airport.

dillweed

gong show! :lol: You're aging yourself but that was funny and most accurate. Thanks for the laugh. dw

hoser

Industrial Slob

Air recovery is a designated location in a UPS building. The the drivers drop off their NDA packages, they are loaded into containers and shuttled to the airport.
So what's the term for the airport positions? Gateway ramp handler?

gong show! :lol: You're aging yourself but that was funny and most accurate. Thanks for the laugh. dw
for the reasons why i want to stay union, see:
http://www.browncafe.com/community/threads/working-as-directed.73066/

Channahon

The gateway itself has employees who sort and work on the ramp, depending on the size of the gateway facility

Steven

grandfathered

When the customer ships a piece of freight we all scan it upon pick up! We then code it and ship it.The customer then realizes that it they have made a mistake and it needs to go to a different location,they call the terminal and where ever that freight is at in transition that place has to then open up the containers and relabel it to the new destination.Ups cartage has been doing this for years,it is just a new selling point to make the public aware of things we do!

Channahon

When the customer ships a piece of freight we all scan it upon pick up! We then code it and ship it.The customer then realizes that it they have made a mistake and it needs to go to a different location,they call the terminal and where ever that freight is at in transition that place has to then open up the containers and relabel it to the new destination.Ups cartage has been doing this for years,it is just a new selling point to make the public aware of things we do!
I believe that is the new service called
Delivery Intercept and is available for all levels of service. The shipper has software that allows them to change the destination of the package, while in transit. It's my understanding there is a charge for this service as well.

tieguy

Banned

I could be wrong but I thought the plan is to intercept the package when it arrives at its destination center. Could be too costly in time to intercept the package when in transit.

hoser

Industrial Slob

I could be wrong but I thought the plan is to intercept the package when it arrives at its destination center. Could be too costly in time to intercept the package when in transit.
The only thing that I know of that is technologically and practically able to be intervene is the DIAD, no way a dim weighter or the bluetooth scanners could send a package backwards.

A

Air Recoverer

The plan is to have PAS (data exception) intercept the package (or the DIAD if the package is already out for delivery.) Hubs don't have technology to do that yet. HAS needs to be finalized and deployed first.