Air

U

uber

Whats the most air you've ever had? The route I'm covering right now is 35-40 minutes without traffic away from my building. Today I look at my diad and I have 16 air stops. Preload hadn't wrapped up my truck until 8:40. I leave the building around 8:50.

Got it delivered along with the ground for those stops by the hair on my chinny chin chin.

sigreq

So what you're saying is you ran 16 stops per hour plus the ground for each of those stops? Man I bet the sups in your building love you. Slow your roll

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
If you're over dispatched for air ask for help before you leave. If no help follow it up with a diad message advising you'll do your best but don't believe it can be done by 1030 to CYA and only run air--no ground or bulk.

U

uber

As many as you allow them to put on you. I generally ask how many they want late when they give me too much. This is how you determine what you get and are able to make service on.

I've never had a late air. What do they do?

40andOut

I've never had a late air. What do they do?

Warning letter. They will say you should have informed them you could not get it off in time. They will also blame you for delivering ground with the air...making you late. Cover your ass. Tell them you may not get it off in time. Ask them if they want you to risk it by delivering ground with air. Then it is on them, not you.

40andOut

I am thinking of copying all the warning letters I have received over the years and taping them to the inside of the back of my package car. I would most likely get a warning letter for that.

Indecisi0n

Whats the most air you've ever had? The route I'm covering right now is 35-40 minutes without traffic away from my building. Today I look at my diad and I have 16 air stops. Preload hadn't wrapped up my truck until 8:40. I leave the building around 8:50.

Got it delivered along with the ground for those stops by the hair on my chinny chin chin.

You just set your own bar. Congrats.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Leaving the building at 8:50 with a 40 minute drive puts you on area at 9:30, which gives you 1 hour to deliver 16 air stops. You are also a cover driver which means you may not be that familiar with the area. You took quite the gamble trying to deliver ground rather than delivering straight air.

You asked what could happen if you have late air? Well, they will print your delivery records to see if you delivered any ground. If you did you will be given a warning letter for failure to follow the methods. The gamble is not worth it----run straight air if you have to.