Alcohol

rentadawg

Right to the point: so a supervisor smelled alcohol on me before I didn’t even began to start my route( let alone start the truck) so 2 Union stewards who went through re hab for years who are keen to smelling alcohol, they didn’t smell anything. So I went to get tested and my B.A.C was barley at the state limit. So I get discharged at the same time they mean terminated. Mind you I had a drink 9 hours before I went to work. The nurse said I wouldn’t notice I was impaired despite not showing signs of it. So I’m screwed aren’t I?

Right to the point: so a supervisor smelled alcohol on me before I didn’t even began to start my route( let alone start the truck) so 2 Union stewards who went through re hab for years who are keen to smelling alcohol, they didn’t smell anything. So I went to get tested and my B.A.C was barley at the state limit. So I get discharged at the same time they mean terminated. Mind you I had a drink 9 hours before I went to work. The nurse said I wouldn’t notice I was impaired despite not showing signs of it. So I’m screwed aren’t I?
You're :censored2:ed.

There might be a smooth-talking stew or BA that can work the room over and get you a shot, but you'll be a target for a long time. Your situation seems to have been going on since last year, at least off-and-on, so there's noted history. That can get you sympathy, or that can be the tale that tells your story.

That said, most likely, you're :censored2:ed.

clean hairy

Cdl drivers have a lower bac limit than a non cdl.
Even though you were below the state bac, you were over the dot limit for bac?
Speak to your ba at your local about it?

rentadawg

You're :censored2:ed.

There might be a smooth-talking stew or BA that can work the room over and get you a shot, but you'll be a target for a long time. Your situation seems to have been going on since last year, at least off-and-on, so there's noted history. That can get you sympathy, or that can be the tale that tells your story.

That said, most likely, you're :censored2:ed.
There’s no noted history at all. This is the first time it was brought up. I simply agreed to the alcohol program right off the bat that was offered but still got discharged/suspended for Union local hearing. My own center manager has confidence I can come back, but I have my doubts

rentadawg

Cdl drivers have a lower bac limit than a non cdl.
Even though you were below the state bac, you were over the dot limit for bac?
Speak to your ba at your local about it?
It’s Colorado limit. 00.8 percent. The fact I wasn’t even driving and clocked in before my start time is messed up

rentadawg

the fact that you’re boozin on a work night is messed up

(RPCDS EXEMPTED)
✊🧔‍♂️
It is? I thought booze wouldn’t be an issue 9-10 hrs later for work. Like I said I showed no signs of being impaired. Regardless the test showed I was obviously, thats what matters. I only been drinking for less than a year. So I really am screwed lol? I’ll fight it but it who knows. My manager really wants me back

542thruNthru

What did you blow? 1st and 2nd time?

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
It is? I thought booze wouldn’t be an issue 9-10 hrs later for work. Like I said I showed no signs of being impaired. Regardless the test showed I was obviously, thats what matters. I only been drinking for less than a year. So I really am screwed lol? I’ll fight it but it who knows. My manager really wants me back

Whatever "your manager" says will not help you, it is way beyond his pay grade now. More than likely you will have some time off and go through the program, 4 years in is not enough time in to play games with your problem, the Company and the Union will CAN you in a minute if you screw up again...How can you have alcohol on your uniform if you were sober? Frankly the supervisor who busted you did you a favor...

SO..Get your act together....kid...OR ELSE!

Sacrificial Lamb

Package Shepherd
Were you witnessed by at least two supes that have been trained to look out for it?
IMG_1431.png

Also sorry to hear about your current situation, man. I hope things go in your favor.

Sacrificial Lamb

Package Shepherd
It does, man. My father drives gasoline tankers and he’s always getting on my head about how alcohol stays in your system and to not drink when I go out with friends if I drive. He’s also drilled into my head to take super good care of my license since it’s my money maker. This just confirms what my Dad has said.