Alcohol

Trucker Clock

This is still very reasonable and more than fair.

I don't disagree.

If you come to work drunk or drugged, you can turn yourself in and get some treatment. If you're caught and test positive, you're terminated.

It depends on what you blow. If you're drunk, hell yes. The FAA allows up to a 0.04 as long as alcohol was not consumed within 8 hours for pilots and ATC, or 4 hours for other employee categories.

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
I don't disagree.

It depends on what you blow. If you're drunk, hell yes. The FAA allows up to a 0.04 as long as alcohol was not consumed within 8 hours for pilots and ATC, or 4 hours for other employee categories.
Yes. FAR 120 is the Federal Minimum. UPS and most US Airlines are more stringent due to liability and just common sense.
The Rule has beaucoup language regarding Certificate Holder's responsibilities. Not worth it.

rentadawg

You were on the clock ready to start driving.

You blew almost a 0.08 at 9:00 AM. You have a problem.

I don't believe you. A drink 9 hours earlier and you blew over 0.07? Even if you had 10, you would not have blown that high.

And here is where you lose your job. You blew over a 0.07. Below that, and you do not lose your job. Above that, bye, bye.

Article 35

Section 4.11 Discipline

A positive test of 0.070 or above is a dischargeable offense.
It was vodka that’s probably why

rentadawg

There’s a SATA program that’s being offered when the local hearing begins, wish they would’ve said that first and this all happened before my start time.

Trucker Clock

It was vodka that’s probably why

It doesn't matter the type of alcohol. The ABV is the only thing that matters. I don't believe you had only one drink 9 hours earlier. Hell, you could have had 10 and not blown a 0.08 the next morning.

and this all happened before my start time.

You were on Company property clocked in ready to start your day. Ready to drive a truck with a 0.08 BAC. I hope they allow you to enter the program so that you can get the help you need. Good luck.

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
It doesn't matter the type of alcohol. The ABV is the only thing that matters. I don't believe you had only one drink 9 hours earlier. Hell, you could have had 10 and not blown a 0.08 the next morning.

You were on Company property clocked in ready to start your day. Ready to drive a truck with a 0.08 BAC. I hope they allow you to enter the program so that you can get the help you need. Good luck.
Where's @Integrity on this one??? LOL

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
I don't believe you had only one drink 9 hours earlier.
IMG_4338.jpeg

BYG Jacob

Right to the point: so a supervisor smelled alcohol on me before I didn’t even began to start my route( let alone start the truck) so 2 Union stewards who went through re hab for years who are keen to smelling alcohol, they didn’t smell anything. So I went to get tested and my B.A.C was barley at the state limit. So I get discharged at the same time they mean terminated. Mind you I had a drink 9 hours before I went to work. The nurse said I wouldn’t notice I was impaired despite not showing signs of it. So I’m screwed aren’t I?
I hope you find the help you need and peace in life