All drivers will work Thursday......

barnyard

KTM rider
I had 73 stops and helped with some PUs. A bit over 8 hours. We were told to expect a very heavy day tomorrow. I am on vacation next week, so I did not really pay any attention to anything after tomorrow.

wayfair

swollen member
I have the 26th, 27th, and 30th off. Had 3 optionals left and used them.

I got paid my unused option 3 day check, 3 weeks ago.... how did you save them thru December???

what was effed up was that I got a warning letter for attendance 2 weeks prior to the option day payoff...

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
10 hours today. 80 stops delivered of which only 7 were send agains from Tuesday. 73 air stops in two waves. Started with about 50 this morning and they shuttled out a second wave around 1pm.

Cementups

Box Monkey
I usually run 90-110 stops per day. Today I was sent out with 39. Had a driver bring me out another. Then later another driver brought me two more. A whopping total of 42 stops.
I asked my dispatcher what I was supposed to do between my deliveries and my pickups (2.5 hours) and he said to just wait. So I took lunch for an hour, drove those other 2 off, then did a couple AEPU's and went to the truck stop and sat in their driver lunge, propped my legs up, set my alarm and took a nap before I had to do my pickups, starting with their TripPak box.
Punched out before my 8 as well and got my guarantee.

Tired Driver

Sisyphus had it easy.
I got paid my unused option 3 day check, 3 weeks ago.... how did you save them thru December???

what was effed up was that I got a warning letter for attendance 2 weeks prior to the option day payoff...

If you haves days left, you can still use them. You were just paid early.

alwaysoverallowed

If you haves days left, you can still use them. You were just paid early.

Our center manager wouldn't let us do that in our center, he even threw out seniority to boot. Called in a driver with 26 years to work but let casuals go home and 2 "safety" committee members do "safety" work instead of actual work.

40andOut

All of my deliveries were air today, just a bit over 8 hours, all my own route. I made it a point of asking if the boxes were originally to be delivered Christmas eve. Not a single one was originally to be delivered today. I would not call 8 hours of delivering air service failures a regional problem, or a small problem the media is exaggerating. But I am not paid to downplay the bad news using sarcasm on internet forums; so never mind me.

upsman68

Had 120 today. Got my UPS store pick up covered and punched out with 8 hours. Tomorrow is sixth punch so all hours at time and half. I also signed a bid sheet for Saturday which will be double time.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
It was an easy day, I had 60 stops and I clocked out at 2PM. Everybody I delivered to was very nice, not a single mad person. All our routes were in, including the extra peak routes. They could have easily busted those out and sent some people home. About fifty of the packages were from Louisville, only a couple of them were ground. My Preloader still managed to missort two stops into another car. Friday's forecast is the same as Christmas Eve's, we will have our Helpers back on the car.
Wow wish I could say the same. We cut 1/3 of our routes and for the most part everyone was still light. Not me though. Worked almost 12 and ran almost 300 miles. That was after I gave away 2-3 hours of work. The "plan" had me going out with about 100 stops would of been 325-350 miles on a bunch of ice covered gravel roads. Yeah that makes sense.

Most problems UPS had this peak were weather related.
Companies that stay in business do not overbuild capacity for 4 -5 days excess need per year.

I have heard that UPS is not building extra buildings because they expect ground volume to shrink.
Once that trend of ground volume shrinking settles in, UPS may selectively add some buildings which equals driver positions. It is very expensive to add driver positions as this causes extra buildings with extra feeder runs and eventually extra hubs.
At UPS there is no excuse related to weather...that is the first time I have ever heard this excuse from corporate. We have weather problems somewhere in the US every peak!!! You can only try to use that excuse when you plan to fail by failing to plan!

Isn't it amazing that UPS manager would blame amazon! After all amazon had enough of the products to sell up to and including the 23rd and, had hired enough employees to process, pack and load trailers. It looks like they planned for the season!

Catatonic

Nine Lives
At UPS there is no excuse related to weather...that is the first time I have ever heard this excuse from corporate. We have weather problems somewhere in the US every peak!!! You can only try to use that excuse when you plan to fail by failing to plan!

I have seen trailers rolled peak after peak in person and on reports rolled up to region and corporate.
Just because you are ignorant of what is going on is no reason to make stuff up and stand on your soapbox.
Ignorance is not always bliss but it is often humorous.
Thanks for the laugh.

Nimnim

The Nim

Best guess is they're in one of those places that renews these things I think March and as such would still have them available.

Sounds like you're in a place that renews Jan 1st and as such does a payout early Dec to discourage people taking days off in peak. I called out because of a crippling migraine I rarely get and not a word was said to me, but then again PTer isn't ridden as hard as a driver during peak.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I was too tired to comment on this last night as I didn't get home until 2130 but it was a total CF yesterday. I volunteered to work so that a younger driver could spend the day with his family----I wish I would have stayed home. My initial dispatch, which basically covered my route and the neighboring route, wasn't too bad and I was done by around 1330. Went back to get the second wave of air---a whopping 10 stops. Delivered those and started the combined pickups when the third wave was shuttled out to meat 1730----50 to 60 stops. I delivered all of the stops on my route, drove back to the center to dump my pickups, and then delivered as many of the stops on the other route that I could. 150 stops, 100 miles, three double trips, punched out at 2110 and I wasn't the last one on road.