Almost became a temp driver....

Tenpoint88

What's up guys. So, i'm 21 and have been working a solid 15 hours a day doing construction work during the day and the local sort at night for a little over 1 year now. Got a reckless driving ticket 1 year and 5 months ago before I ever thought I would work here. Got halfway through the 2nd day of driving school, got a 95% on my test, was one of "the best" in the class.

Sadly was called up by the instructor to be warned what HR was about to tell me. I was sent home because of the ticket. So being I told HR 3 times about my Reckless Driving ticket, they still paid for me to do all this training, get a uniform, drive the package car multiple times, do a ride a long, and go stay in a hotel for 2 nights. Free breakfast lunch and dinner. DOT Physical.

The instructors were saddened that I was sent home, and the HR Sup apologized multiple times, as they "should've caught it." So now I wont be able to drive till I'm almost 23. I just can't believe they didn't realize that I didn't meet qualifications until today. Not only did I verbally inform them, but they checked my record before I came too.

Now time to decide weather to go get a new full time job somewhere else and go to college, or hang it out here for 1 year and 7 months until I'm eligible. This sucks lol. Advice? :confused2:

About to drive home from the hotel and do some serious thinking over the next couple days.

Peppermint Patty

Cardboard Pusher
Our HR department at this company is terrible. Yes they should have caught it. We have had a couple of situations like this in our building. Maybe one day they will find competent people to fill HR positions.