Am I getting ready to get fired?

UPSGUY72

No unemployment If you quit.

If you get fired,maybe

You dont know it all?

IVE is disappointed.

Google unemployment!

He hasn't worked long enough at UPS to collect much if anything from them if he could collect.
As Unemployment compensation it directly related to how much you earned in the past. In Ma they take your income for the 2 highest quarter of the last 12 months or work and then dived that by 52 to come up with a base weekly unemployment figure.

If he got fired and he applied for unemployment UPS and his last employer he got fired from would most likely fight it. Then it would be up to the OP to appeal or not.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
His missload numbers are going down so he is showing improvement. Management always uses intimidation to try to motivate employees, its especially effective on new hires. Doesn't UPS still have tuition reimbursement? The way UPS is supposedly hiring more drivers, the wait for a job that pays $85K plus a year seems to be getting shorter, not a bad backup plan if college doesn't work out.

Nostromo

If you want to quit just do it. Don't over think it, if I were you I would pay attention/focus and minimize them miss loads. After your probation you're in.

Sent using Morse code

Dragon

Package Center Manager
Show up everyday and you will work until you retire. Really, 7 misloads is pretty bad. 2 or 3 is normal. If UPS fired every preloader that had misloads then the Preload Manager would have to load the cars and do you think he will fire his self for misloads?

I never have misloads...I just stack them out and then let the pre-loader load them..he has the misloads!

:eek::eek::smart:

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
I was told that getting fired is always better than to quit.

Keep believing that and you'll do great! I would much prefer to get fired than quit on my terms, at least that way when I apply for another job I can tell them that I worked until they fired me but I NEVER QUIT...please hire me new job, I am NOT a quitter!

upsers907

:censored2: in anchorage, ak we only have 2 good preloaders out of 30...i have 4-6 missloads everyday...as a driver it pisses me off but then i remember how much they get paid...i dont mind the overtime..$56/hr in ot

Sent using BrownCafe App

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
I never have misloads...I just stack them out and then let the pre-loader load them..he has the misloads!

:eek::eek::smart:
Sad part is that this is true here. There is a preload sup here who while doing a sweep/walk-through after driver start time will stop and look at a LIB, then look over to the bay where it should have been loaded, see the truck is gone and then nonchalantly bring the package over to a truck where the loader hasn't wrapped yet and slip it in with the stacks to be loaded and silently walk away.

I've called him out twice in the last month on this. The dude really would prefer a misload to a left in building? Silly.

MethodsMan

I was never a preloader. But, one time when I was part-timer I double-shifted on the preload. I got like a 5 minute presentation on how to preload. Needless to say, I got confused on which car was which and loaded a whole car's load onto the wrong car. 8:30 came around and the driver came down and bitched me out and went to his on-car sup who tore me a new one.

I'm now a driver.

Last edited:
F

FrigidAdCorrector

You won't get fired. I've felt like I was going to be fired for similar reasons. The good thing is you recognize it and are trying to fix it. If you show you don't care they'll let ya go. If you show you're making an effort to fix it they'll keep you on. That is if you're saying everything you presented is the worst of it.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Future

Victory Ride
Next time you are confronted by MGT about a misload get philosophical on there asses....."Misload?" What dear sir/madamn is the only thing in this world that can not be a misload?..............(long pause).........The answer is..."A misload,,,because it already is".....................

Indecisi0n

Sad part is that this is true here. There is a preload sup here who while doing a sweep/walk-through after driver start time will stop and look at a LIB, then look over to the bay where it should have been loaded, see the truck is gone and then nonchalantly bring the package over to a truck where the loader hasn't wrapped yet and slip it in with the stacks to be loaded and silently walk away.

I've called him out twice in the last month on this. The dude really would prefer a misload to a left in building? Silly.
You should have filed a sup working grievance.