Amazon adds 12 planes to its growing air-cargo fleet that's encroaching on FedEx and UPS

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
Management says it’ll dry up. Any day now.... been saying that for months lol

From the very beginning our feeder managers said this volume wasn't going away anytime soon. With all of that knowledge they waited two months before adding enough rental tractors to run the volume we had before the Kung Flu hit.

Penske tractors are $550 a week and like $.05 a mile to rent. I'm sure my hubs start-work delay time could rent a small fleet of tractors and actually pull loads on time.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
@1BROWNWRENCH how do you feel about these tires? How long should it take to get tires?
It all depends. There are times orders don't get processed with our supplier correctly. We have a new system now where they are barcoded so in theory they are automatically reordered direct. It may take about a week if there are enough in the stocked amount returning to meet immediate demand. Possibly longer if a special order has to be placed.

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
Same thing that happens anytime there’s a drop in volume
You lay them off!!!! Duuuuuuuh!! My first couple months I worked about 8 days total, and it wasn’t for a lack of trying. Showed up every day. We were light so nobody wanted to take dead days. I had to wait my turn. Imagine that????