Amazon and "60 Minutes"

overflowed

frackin dumbest idea I've ever heard. These guys get so powerful they start to believe their own bullshait. And no one wants to tell them they're being a dumb asss. At least no one that works for them. Sounds familiar no? I know many people that would get drunk on a Friday night and get together to use these things as target practice. Others would just shoot them down to steal the package or the drone. Or both. Then what, " amazon considers arming drones." -AP Dumb

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Amazon must have a fantasyland division that cooks up BS ideas like this one. Compltely idiotic.

fessup

Amazon must have a fantasyland division that cooks up BS ideas like this one. Compltely idiotic.
Actually from a marketing point of view pretty smart idea - Bezos got a tremendous amount of free press on the eve of cyberweek and that was the main objective. Doubt very much that it is a serious idea. We are the drones.

hypo hanna

Actually from a marketing point of view pretty smart idea - Bezos got a tremendous amount of free press on the eve of cyberweek and that was the main objective. Doubt very much that it is a serious idea. We are the drones.
This.
No way they could see this as more then tricked up stuff for the cool factor. Aside from all the problems already mentioned, some tech still has to fly the drone from a remote location. Auto pilot isn't an option. Just something to get free advertising from the gullible press just before cyber Monday.

Cactus

Too many flaws in the theory. Then we come to reality where they at least double.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Too many flaws in the theory. Then we come to reality where they at least double.

I heard an op-ed on the Amazon "60 Minutes" piece today where they said Bezos hatched the drone "plan" in order to deflect criticism away from his sweatshop warehouses, low pay, and pending state sales taxes. It worked.

Cactus

I heard an op-ed on the Amazon "60 Minutes" piece today where they said Bezos hatched the drone "plan" in order to deflect criticism away from his sweatshop warehouses, low pay, and pending state sales taxes. It worked.
Bezos, just another :censored2: CEO.

overflowed

I also heard the same. All the talk radio shows were mentioning this.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

"Sweatshop warehouses"? A true sweatshop is a worker sitting at a sewing machine for 8 hours straight at minimum wage or piece rate. Yes, the Amazon pick and packers work at a frenetic pace, but it is hardly a sweatshop.

upschuck

"Sweatshop warehouses"? A true sweatshop is a worker sitting at a sewing machine for 8 hours straight at minimum wage or piece rate. Yes, the Amazon pick and packers work at a frenetic pace, but it is hardly a sweatshop.

They get paid quite well too, here they advertise for 14.50/hr. Much better than our helpers at 12.88.

upschuck

$14.50/hour isn't even livable wage so I'd like to know why you consider that to be paid "quite well".

For a temp seasonal job, I'd challenge you to find something better. If they pay that for seasonal, they must pay more for their permanent hires needing more to live on.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

"Sweat shop" is a relative term. Amazon is neither known for high pay nor great working conditions. In fact, they are quite similar to FedEx Express in that they expect a great deal of work for little money, and specialize in harshly disciplining employees who cannot meet their stringent productivity standards. Bezos did a great job deflecting with all of the drone garbage. Maybe he has a future as a politician.