Amazon is the future?

Non liberal

This is from the Internet:

"I worked at UPS for 14 years. Worked in Portland Oregon as a feeder supervisor, and got a job as an industrial engineer to help launch there regional facility in Goodyear Arizona. Just before the project went live, HR said a team member accused my entire IE team of Harassment. They fired the whole team (this was in 2019, this was UPS CEO first round of silent layoffs) I went to the EEOC, and complained of misconduct, UPS HR DIRECTOR HARVEY HILL, with help from my previous IE division manager Smith, falsified an investigation. After the EEOC contacted UPS, the manager that made the mysterious complaint resigned 7 days later. UPS used a manager to conduct firings, this happened in the Phoenix node, 6 months after IE, OE, HR, all started getting layed off with severance, then it paused a bit due to Covid, now Covid has alleviated UPS isn’t riding the high. I now work for Amazon, and make more, and have a much better work life balance, and due to my UPS knowledge run circles around everyone here. To my fellow UPSers, come to Amazon, we will take care of you."
How much your truck drivers make?

Non liberal

We are done as we know it. Probably 7-15 years before UPS and FedEx morph into 1 company. Probably will take over for USPS as well. Right now we are basically what Sears/Kmart was in 2010. Save your money, invest heavily in the mag 7 stocks, and Cava and hope for the best. Carol Tome will go down in history…maybe not the way she planned on it.
Which is why we needed to take the company for as much as we could this last contract. Too late now.

I have NOT been lurking

Degenerate Member
So which ones have you not broken?
20231111_191709.gif

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
It just all depends on how much they want to invest in equipment. I like to believe I can see trends on an abstracted clue, which is that their buildings are very barren and empty. these amazon buildings are often not owned by amazon, and the total amount of equipment per building is very low compared to ups. Just a quick google search shows we likely have something like 5 to 10 times more conveyor belt miles per building.

(side note here: amazon buildings are so safe i feel to work in that it really shines a light on the fact that they still get way more building injuries as a consequence of their wage and labor practices)

They really could dissapear as quickly as they expanded.

Last edited:

anonymous23456

Amazon Pharmacy Layoffs: Company Cutting Hundreds Of Health Division Staff In Latest ... - Forbes​

I guess they tried to go into pharma business, and it flopped.

anonymous23456

Amazon driver in Georgia accused of trying to steal puppy out of family's yard - USA Today​

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I didn't know Mech II moonlighting second job at Amazon!