Amazon is the future?

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier

I am wondering just what kind of jobs are available for these illegals, It has to be restaurants and construction for most of them. Even if they get a job in NYC how are they going to stay in the City, rent ain’t cheap anywhere nowadays. I know most of them are just innocent pawns and are decent people but some of them will turn to crime in order to put food on the table. They won’t be able to reach the well offs that live in Manhattan, the poor or lower middle class residents will be targeted. Expect more gang violence in every Democratic run city, especially New York City and Chicago. We will see how this plays out this summer once the welfare system starts crumbling.

The Dems sudden change of heart on border security is a cold hearted decision to limit the danger of another “Summer of Love” , but if it happens again it will 10 x worst because of our economy and anger related to the pandemic and the War in Israel. Going to make that so called insurrection of January 6 th look like a Tupperware party. Guaranteed that more than one person will be shot and that lady was killed (unjustly) by a law enforcement officer who panicked.

RangerMan06

I am wondering just what kind of jobs are available for these illegals, It has to be restaurants and construction for most of them. Even if they get a job in NYC how are they going to stay in the City, rent ain’t cheap anywhere nowadays. I know most of them are just innocent pawns and are decent people but some of them will turn to crime in order to put food on the table. They won’t be able to reach the well offs that live in Manhattan, the poor or lower middle class residents will be targeted. Expect more gang violence in every Democratic run city, especially New York City and Chicago. We will see how this plays out this summer once the welfare system starts crumbling.

The Dems sudden change of heart on border security is a cold hearted decision to limit the danger of another “Summer of Love” , but if it happens again it will 10 x worst because of our economy and anger related to the pandemic and the War in Israel. Going to make that so called insurrection of January 6 th look like a Tupperware party. Guaranteed that more than one person will be shot and that lady was killed (unjustly) by a law enforcement officer who panicked.
They'll pile 2 dozen people into a 1 bedroom apartment.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
This is from the Internet:

"I worked at UPS for 14 years. Worked in Portland Oregon as a feeder supervisor, and got a job as an industrial engineer to help launch there regional facility in Goodyear Arizona. Just before the project went live, HR said a team member accused my entire IE team of Harassment. They fired the whole team (this was in 2019, this was UPS CEO first round of silent layoffs) I went to the EEOC, and complained of misconduct, UPS HR DIRECTOR HARVEY HILL, with help from my previous IE division manager Smith, falsified an investigation. After the EEOC contacted UPS, the manager that made the mysterious complaint resigned 7 days later. UPS used a manager to conduct firings, this happened in the Phoenix node, 6 months after IE, OE, HR, all started getting layed off with severance, then it paused a bit due to Covid, now Covid has alleviated UPS isn’t riding the high. I now work for Amazon, and make more, and have a much better work life balance, and due to my UPS knowledge run circles around everyone here. To my fellow UPSers, come to Amazon, we will take care of you."
Lol, Amazon is so wonderful that their employees are busy working today on a Sunday for little money!

dudebro

They'll pile 2 dozen people into a 1 bedroom apartment.
Wouldn't be the first generation of immigrants in the US to live this way at first

1707088754772.png

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

Those have been my thoughts playing the what if hypothetical future scenarios. Regional carriers would likely absolve first, followed by slightly larger carriers.

Worst case scenario is an ups merger pending government approval, but e-commerce growth will continue its compounding growth for many years. That said ups isn’t going anywhere, the smaller guys yes. There’s room for a few big players
UPS and FedEx fall into those “too big to fail” company categories. We’d get a bailout before we went bankrupt. 7% of the economy moves through UPS, probably 5% through FedEx. That’s trillions of dollars.

Sixth Punch Sense

Amazon threat isn't business to business, yet it could be down the line but that feels years away.

It's the paper products and supplies needed to run a business. Uline and Grainger should be more threatened by Amazon then UPS and FedEx. As the Amazon basic line can replicate all those products and deliver them cheaper. Which in turn means less volume to UPS and FedEx

Brownwind

Amazon threat isn't business to business, yet it could be down the line but that feels years away.

It's the paper products and supplies needed to run a business. Uline and Grainger should be more threatened by Amazon then UPS and FedEx. As the Amazon basic line can replicate all those products and deliver them cheaper. Which in turn means less volume to UPS and FedEx
Up here the biggest threat would be if they start delivering over forty pound packages. That’s a big chunk of business going to the homesteaders.(we have curriers but not many of their delivery trucks)

pkgdriver

Office Depot, Staples etc also. @21Savage had a picture a few days ago of 30 cases of what appeared to be Amazon Basics Copy paper.