Amazon is the future?

anonymous23456

This is from the Internet:

"I worked at UPS for 14 years. Worked in Portland Oregon as a feeder supervisor, and got a job as an industrial engineer to help launch there regional facility in Goodyear Arizona. Just before the project went live, HR said a team member accused my entire IE team of Harassment. They fired the whole team (this was in 2019, this was UPS CEO first round of silent layoffs) I went to the EEOC, and complained of misconduct, UPS HR DIRECTOR HARVEY HILL, with help from my previous IE division manager Smith, falsified an investigation. After the EEOC contacted UPS, the manager that made the mysterious complaint resigned 7 days later. UPS used a manager to conduct firings, this happened in the Phoenix node, 6 months after IE, OE, HR, all started getting layed off with severance, then it paused a bit due to Covid, now Covid has alleviated UPS isn’t riding the high. I now work for Amazon, and make more, and have a much better work life balance, and due to my UPS knowledge run circles around everyone here. To my fellow UPSers, come to Amazon, we will take care of you."

Automaton

Saw an Amazon driver working in the pouring rain one day. She was slogging through the soaking wet grass with fuzzy bathroom slippers on her feet.

Thebrownblob

This is from the Internet:

"I worked at UPS for 14 years. Worked in Portland Oregon as a feeder supervisor, and got a job as an industrial engineer to help launch there regional facility in Goodyear Arizona. Just before the project went live, HR said a team member accused my entire IE team of Harassment. They fired the whole team (this was in 2019, this was UPS CEO first round of silent layoffs) I went to the EEOC, and complained of misconduct, UPS HR DIRECTOR HARVEY HILL, with help from my previous IE division manager Smith, falsified an investigation. After the EEOC contacted UPS, the manager that made the mysterious complaint resigned 7 days later. UPS used a manager to conduct firings, this happened in the Phoenix node, 6 months after IE, OE, HR, all started getting layed off with severance, then it paused a bit due to Covid, now Covid has alleviated UPS isn’t riding the high. I now work for Amazon, and make more, and have a much better work life balance, and due to my UPS knowledge run circles around everyone here. To my fellow UPSers, come to Amazon, we will take care of you."
Yep the grass is always greener on the other side…….until it’s not

R1wonder

This :censored2: is getting old ups isn’t going anywhere . My guess is it may be more automated . Will require less employees . Things will definitely change . But it won’t go anywhere . If ya really think going to the non unionized Amazon who is 90 percent sub contractors and technically aren’t even Amazon is a good idea .- have at it

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
This :censored2: is getting old ups isn’t going anywhere . My guess is it may be more automated . Will require less employees . Things will definitely change . But it won’t go anywhere . If ya really think going to the non unionized Amazon who is 90 percent sub contractors and technically aren’t even Amazon is a good idea .- have at it
Toys ”R” Us and Sears beg to differ.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck

R1wonder

Companies go out of business all the time

We will ship stuff for the next business. I really don’t see a day where ups is gone and Amazon is delivering it all. We handle so much that Amazon doesn’t sell. Car parts / tires : hazmats / all sorts of irregular items, Amazon is delivering paychecks , they aren’t delivering envelopes with paperwork from lawyers , they aren’t delivering lab results from hospitals , birth certificates , dentists / doctors / the list goes on . Amazon can ship the bull :censored2: all day. They won’t be doing it all. Not all of what we do is just crap ppl order on the internet

textat3

We are done as we know it. Probably 7-15 years before UPS and FedEx morph into 1 company. Probably will take over for USPS as well. Right now we are basically what Sears/Kmart was in 2010. Save your money, invest heavily in the mag 7 stocks, and Cava and hope for the best. Carol Tome will go down in history…maybe not the way she planned on it.

Pullman Brown

Fit to Serve-Carol Tome

Pullman Brown

We are done as we know it. Probably 7-15 years before UPS and FedEx morph into 1 company. Probably will take over for USPS as well. Right now we are basically what Sears/Kmart was in 2010. Save your money, invest heavily in the mag 7 stocks, and Cava and hope for the best. Carol Tome will go down in history…maybe not the way she planned on it.
Mag 7?

DriverNerd

I worked at Sears in the late 90's (my job right before UPS) and even then we could see the future. The company wasn't changing for the future, very little online presence, Craftsman tools were becoming more gimmicky and less tough, Craftsman lawn equipment was becoming more unreliable by the year, their clothing was terrible (not in terms of quality, but in style), stores weren't being updated. I remember a few of us huddled around one slow day talking about how if the company doesn't change they're not going to make it. This was one of the companies who had "the catalog", who could have become what is now Amazon. They just never changed to the times.

/rant over