Amazon "Consequences"

bbsam

Staff member
No Teamsters=No union at Express. That should be evident by now. A grassroots movement has little chance against the RLA as it stands. And Smith consistently is able to keep the RLA unchanged through his political activities and connections.

If an entire Express station were to walk-out, it would certainly get their attention, but the end result would be a massive firing. Now, if 50 stations were to walk-out, you've got something tangible.

Sammy likes to poke fun at me because he thinks we need a charismatic leader who will lead us on to the Promised Land. As nice as that sounds, it simply isn't doable without a national, organized effort, and that means the Teamsters.

And as long as Jim cashes Fred's checks, that isn't going to happen.
I assure you, I am being 100% serious about a charismatic leader heading a walkout as being THE ONLY way to make sweeping changes since the RLA is not going anywhere. Mass firings? Yeah, but seems many are ready to walk individually anyway, might as well make a difference and walk collectively.

And no, you are most assuredly not a possibility for the charismatic leader to head that charge.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Don't forget he is also blaming the customer for mislabeling. If you ask me it's very bad business to blame the customer for our failures.

You keep banging this drum without really knowing what you're talking about.

Large shippers were given a daily cutoff time for bulk shipments moving in trailers. Once the cutoff time had passed, anything else shipped would have one additional day added to the commit and it would be reflected on the ASTRA label -- just like packages received after the last pickup at FXO locations.

To put it lightly, there wasn't a great deal of compliance. There were packages that departed a distribution center on a Tuesday night at 9PM with Wednesday commitments when the cutoff was anything that didn't make the 7PM departure.

That doesn't even address the issue of the goobers who were labeling packages on the late night shift. They were putting overnight labels on packages at 11 PM.

Nor does it take into account the shippers who would report a package as being shipped when they printed the label for it, even if the label wouldn't be slapped onto the package until the next day.

I'm sorry, but that's on the shipper and that's why shippers are blamed for mislabeling packages.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I assure you, I am being 100% serious about a charismatic leader heading a walkout as being THE ONLY way to make sweeping changes since the RLA is not going anywhere. Mass firings? Yeah, but seems many are ready to walk individually anyway, might as well make a difference and walk collectively.

And no, you are most assuredly not a possibility for the charismatic leader to head that charge.

Dumb idea. Jesus isn't available. Maybe your new idol Mitt Romney will want the job...you know, a capitalist tool like you.

MAKAVELI

You keep banging this drum without really knowing what you're talking about.

Large shippers were given a daily cutoff time for bulk shipments moving in trailers. Once the cutoff time had passed, anything else shipped would have one additional day added to the commit and it would be reflected on the ASTRA label -- just like packages received after the last pickup at FXO locations.

To put it lightly, there wasn't a great deal of compliance. There were packages that departed a distribution center on a Tuesday night at 9PM with Wednesday commitments when the cutoff was anything that didn't make the 7PM departure. I'm sorry, but that's on the shipper and that's why shippers are blamed for mislabeling packages.
You can make all the excuses you want and quite frankly I wouldn't expect otherwise from upper management and Fred himself. This company has never taken responsibility for its failures, never. Only puts the blame on its frontline workers and now the customers who he now holds contempt for. Bottom line is no matter what he thinks privately, he should never put that out to the public. Remember, the customer is always right.

59 Dano

You can make all the excuses you want and quite frankly I wouldn't expect otherwise from upper management and Fred himself. This company has never taken responsibility for its failures, never. Only puts the blame on its frontline workers and now the customers who he now holds contempt for. Bottom line is no matter what he thinks privately, he should never put that out to the public. Remember, the customer is always right.

Like I said, you don't know what you're talking about, and you're making that more evident with each post you make on the topic.

MAKAVELI

Like I said, you don't know what you're talking about, and you're making that more evident with each post you make on the topic.
I think everyone can see how desperate Fred S is to now pass the blame on the customer. Good way to lose business.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Tell us again why it's not the customer's fault if he puts the wrong label on a package.

Fred is trying to pass the blame. Now that he's lost Amazon, he can say whatever he wants and not feel the repercussions. He has already blown it, so now it's Damage Control...your specialty.

59 Dano

Fred is trying to pass the blame. Now that he's lost Amazon, he can say whatever he wants and not feel the repercussions. He has already blown it, so now it's Damage Control...your specialty.

Tell us again why it's not the customer's fault if he puts the wrong label on a package.

vantexan

Dumb idea. Jesus isn't available. Maybe your new idol Mitt Romney will want the job...you know, a capitalist tool like you.
I really wonder what would happen if all the Mitt Romney's of the world decided to just say "eff it" because they are tired of dealing with people who blame them for everything? Just take their money and sit on it. No innovation, no investment, no establishing and growing businesses in hopes of making a profit. While we're at it all the current business owners doing the same. Telling the rest of us they've had enough, we're on our own. Yes, there are exploitive SOB's out there, but where would be if everyone with the backbone and drive to start a business said screw it, it's not worth the hassle? To read this forum you'd think Mitt Romney was the worst politician ever, only seeking to line his own pockets. Yes, that same Mitt Romney who was elected governor of one of the liberal blue states and had a track record of cooperation with the opposition to get things done. The same Mitt Romney who's father was a popular Michigan governor who marched with Martin Luther King. The same Mitt Romney who was probably more qualified to run an economy than any other candidate in this country's history. Hey, hate what's going on at FedEx and many other corporations these days. But don't put it all on every business owner as if being the owner is evil and being an employee, never taking risks to get ahead, is somehow much more righteous. At the end of the day it's just about people full of envy, wanting what the wealthy have but not willing to make the effort, take the risks to have it.

bbsam

Staff member
and how are you less a capitalist tool than I am? If you aren't the 1%, you are a capitalist tool. I just get paid better.

'Lord Brown's bidding'

I really wonder what would happen if all the Mitt Romney's of the world decided to just say "eff it" because they are tired of dealing with people who blame them for everything? Just take their money and sit on it. No innovation, no investment, no establishing and growing businesses in hopes of making a profit. While we're at it all the current business owners doing the same. Telling the rest of us they've had enough, we're on our own. Yes, there are exploitive SOB's out there, but where would be if everyone with the backbone and drive to start a business said screw it, it's not worth the hassle? To read this forum you'd think Mitt Romney was the worst politician ever, only seeking to line his own pockets. Yes, that same Mitt Romney who was elected governor of one of the liberal blue states and had a track record of cooperation with the opposition to get things done. The same Mitt Romney who's father was a popular Michigan governor who marched with Martin Luther King. The same Mitt Romney who was probably more qualified to run an economy than any other candidate in this country's history. Hey, hate what's going on at FedEx and many other corporations these days. But don't put it all on every business owner as if being the owner is evil and being an employee, never taking risks to get ahead, is somehow much more righteous. At the end of the day it's just about people full of envy, wanting what the wealthy have but not willing to make the effort, take the risks to have it.
They could never do that because they'll always want more money, and it will grow a lot faster if it is not sitting collecting interest but being invested in a more dynamic fashion.

They don't care that the 99% scorn them; they roll up their windows and laugh to the bank. If Congress would tax them more they'd still try to work around it because they have to have more.

Money is their "crack". Making it harder to get to won't stop them from going after it.

vantexan

They could never do that because they'll always want more money, and it will grow a lot faster if it is not sitting collecting interest but being invested in a more dynamic fashion.

They don't care that the 99% scorn them; they roll up their windows and laugh to the bank. If Congress would tax them more they'd still try to work around it because they have to have more.

Money is their "crack". Making it harder to get to won't stop them from going after it.
The problem is that there are millions of small business owners who aren't in the 1% but reading here one might think all are evil while all employees are good. Some here seem to want a system where all outcomes are equal. It's been tried, doesn't work.

MAKAVELI

The problem is that there are millions of small business owners who aren't in the 1% but reading here one might think all are evil while all employees are good. Some here seem to want a system where all outcomes are equal. It's been tried, doesn't work.
Not equal, just fair. I think that is possible. But listening to a lot of people on the right you would think that's evil for even wanting such a system.

59 Dano

Show us the proof, Dano. How do we know it isn't damage control from Smith?

I can't get on a time machine and go back to peak and take video of us relabeling mislabeled packages. Lots of packages were relabeled with the proper labels at the ramps and stations. Most of them that came through this area were because there weren't many that were mislabeled. It was a different story in many other areas.