Amazon drivers do UPS drivers job at half the price

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
The whole industry will dry up when everyone is forced to switch to all electric, and all oil and coal power plants get shut down. Well, more than just this industry. Civilization is dying due to too many well-intentioned incompetants making terrible policies. Hope Amazon drivers are ready to prove they can do the job at no cost and live in Wal-Marts-turned-FEMA-camps-turned-cannibal-orgies. :lol:

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
All you overpaid and whiny union slugs are scared.

Amazon has proven they can do your overpaid job for half the price.

Maybe all you drivers should be appreciative, instead you complain and that's why Amazon will eventually take this company over.

Once their network and logistics can support it, they will take away UPS accounts and beginning shipping everything. Writing is already on the wall. Within the past 5 years, amazon trucks and hubs are at every corner.

All you union slugs better start getting another skill other then complaining about stops.
Thanks mom

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.

Maybe all you drivers should be appreciative, instead you complain and that's why Amazon will eventually take this company over.

Once their network and logistics can support it, they will take away UPS accounts and beginning shipping everything. Writing is already on the wall. Within the past 5 years, amazon trucks and hubs are at every corner.

All you union slugs better start getting another skill other then complaining about stops.
You will never be an RPCD

Buffet Master

FEEDAH FATTY
I do wonder if Amazon might someday just try to buy a big shipping company like fedex ups etc

I was in LTL for a good few years. One of the most interesting rumors I have heard in my time in trucking was about 4 or 5 years ago. XPO had focused on really expanding their presence in logistics and started enlarging the scope of things they were involved in. But, supposedly they were looking to sell off the trucking side, I.E.- the Conway network of equipment and terminals. This of course immediately brought Amazon to the forefront of interested parties.

Where the rumor got interesting(especially in hindsight being at UPS now and who our CEO is and where she came from) was that Lowe's and Home Depot were very concerned about this. To the point supposedly Home Depot was looking to make liquid whatever it took to be able to keep Amazon from making that acquisition.

I guess they feared that Amazon with a fleet of single axles and pups could get into delivering building materials and completely changing the model most contractors operate off of.

Superteeth2478

So I threw the "disagree" charm on there just because it was the only other one other than "winner" and "like" that was missing. So two of you guys have to take one for the team and throw a "like" or "winner" on there for completion's sake...Dave, are you there?

Ou812fu

Polishing toilet bowls since 1966.

LOL, they aren't even close yet.. Not to mention how many wrecks they get into.... Lol...

Whereistheunion

Amazon has a 50 pound weight limit, I have seen 2 guys on a Blue Amazon Bulk truck. Here @ UPS we have a 150 pound weight limit. Yesterday I delivered a 90 pound area rug from Amazon. I'm good Irregular pkgs come with territory.

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
319472_full-photography-quotes-memes-100-troll-quotes-memes-will-make-you-laugh-out-loud-geeks-on-coffee.jpg

Red Devil

The Power of Connected
Amazon has a 50 pound weight limit, I have seen 2 guys on a Blue Amazon Bulk truck. Here @ UPS we have a 150 pound weight limit. Yesterday I delivered a 90 pound area rug from Amazon. I'm good Irregular pkgs come with territory.

Low weight limit, no signatures, no difficult businesses, no time commitments, no pickups, no high claims areas, no driver follow ups, etc etc. The job of an Amazon driver is similar but not the same. UPS might seem like they will hire anybody compared to the old days but I think still most of the Amazon drivers couldn’t cut it here.

542thruNthru

Low weight limit, no signatures, no difficult businesses, no time commitments, no pickups, no high claims areas, no driver follow ups, etc etc. The job of an Amazon driver is similar but not the same. UPS might seem like they will hire anybody compared to the old days but I think still most of the Amazon drivers couldn’t cut it here.
Absolutely!

It's like trying to say FedEx express does the same job as us. @Operational needs knows as well as anyone that envelopes don't weight that much. ;)