Amazon Drivers More Likely to Be Injured Than UPS

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Amazon Drivers More Likely to Be Injured Than UPS - Boss Magazine

Delivery Driver Injuries: Amazon Vs UPS

According to a 2021 report from the Strategic Organizing Center, contract delivery drivers working for Amazon are injured at higher rates in comparison to UPS.

The labor union based its findings on data collected by the federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration.

The report found that Amazon drivers are injured more often and more seriously than UPS drivers.

In 2020, Amazon drivers experienced 13.3 injuries for every 100 employees. In comparison, UPS drivers sustained 9 injuries per 100 employees.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Should not be surprising.
UPS was always good for training good safety methods.
Even retired 6 years I still use the training received at UPS.

wilberforce15

Should not be surprising.
UPS was always good for training good safety methods.
Even retired 6 years I still use the training received at UPS.

It was a study by a union group.

100% of those studies will find the union workers safer, better, or whatever they're pretending to measure.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
It was a study by a union group.

100% of those studies will find the union workers safer, better, or whatever they're pretending to measure.
so you dont believe this study? I always thought our training was very good.
work methods
safe driving methods.

I have the advantage for working for many trucking companies and other companies before I started at UPS at
age 38.
No one comes close to UPS when it comes to safety.

Real life experience .....not just opinion.

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
work methods
safe driving methods.

I have the advantage for working for many trucking companies and other companies before I started at UPS at
age 38.

Safe work methods don't mean crap when the real emphasis is on production. UPS is just better at hiding injuries. Just like service failures and damages.

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
Our latest scam is telling the rookies to sheet misloads as future. I know some "partners" are lurking. Is this overlooked or can you be held accountable for telling a driver to lie. I'd really like to know how low mgmt has sunk, but odds are I'll never get a response from them.

Our latest scam is telling the rookies to sheet misloads as future. I know some "partners" are lurking. Is this overlooked or can you be held accountable for telling a driver to lie. I'd really like to know how low mgmt has sunk, but odds are I'll never get a response from them.
They like trying to tell us Old bastards the same thing.
Sorry nope that misload is not a bad address please try again

wilberforce15

work methods
safe driving methods.

age 38.

I'm sure we are safer.

I'm also sure a study funded by unions would say we are safer even if we were not.

Whither

Scofflaw
UPS just hides injuries and intimidates people from turning them in.
✊🧔
Not excusing UPS one bit, but we all know Amazon does the same and worse. It could be much better here if our brothers and sisters enforced the contract and were encouraged to do so by our union reps. Yes, Article 37 language is weak, but I can vouch from personal experience: mgmt doesn't like getting filed on and learns to behave when we show that we're not frightened by them. We're Teamsters, not cowards.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
Not excusing UPS one bit, but we all know Amazon does the same and worse. It could be much better here if our brothers and sisters enforced the contract and were encouraged to do so by our union reps. Yes, Article 37 language is weak, but I can vouch from personal experience: mgmt doesn't like getting filed on and learns to behave when we show that we're not frightened by them. We're Teamsters, not cowards.
Excellent statement union brother ✊
A UNION IS ONLY AS STRONG AS ITS MEMBERS
unfortunately there is too many scaredy cats.
🧔✊

Integrity

Binge Poster
Excellent post!