Amazon "Flex" - $18-25/hr to deliver in targeted cities

9.5 everyday

You bring up a good point. This model couldn't possibly pay an "hourly" rate. There would have to be a system that sets pay rate per delivery by locations that determine distance and travel time.
Just like most independent contractor models. Otherwise you have these people milking time.
Laser Ship is paying $1.50 per box delivered. But you use your own vehicle, and have to maintain it. They also make you get extra car insurance so it's a "work" vehicle. A guy on my route drives around a beater of a van and deliveres about 150 packages a day.

P

pickup

Laser Ship is paying $1.50 per box delivered. But you use your own vehicle, and have to maintain it. They also make you get extra car insurance so it's a "work" vehicle. A guy on my route drives around a beater of a van and deliveres about 150 packages a day.

so he grosses approximately $225 a day and then minus the expenses - gas, extra insurance, extra maintenance. Not sure where the final tally (his net) ends up.

10 point

so he grosses approximately $225 a day and then minus the expenses - gas, extra insurance, extra maintenance. Not sure where the final tally (his net) ends up.
Do they get paid if they leave it at the wrong address, it gets stolen, it's damaged during transit, or they leave their vehicle running and it gets stolen with freight inside?

MAKAVELI

Taxi cab driver in Europe that are union have been turning cars over of uber drivers over there for a while. Uber is a big threat worldwide to labor. People in unions need to get educated about this company. The. Educate others. It's bad.
Uber is the FedEx of the taxi cab industry.

clean hairy

That is for how many hours working in day?
Taxes eat up what 30% right off the top?
Then gas and all other expenses on top of that.
And, if it is his only employment, then he has to purchase health insurance as well.
I would guess 40% is his after expenses?

9.5 everyday

And, if it is his only employment, then he has to purchase health insurance as well.
From what I understand, it's per package, so how ever many packages you can deliver in a day x $1.50 per box. I can't imagine after expenses, the take home is very good. I saw a chick delivering out of a Honda Accord one day, can't fit a whole lot in there, so I'm sure she was driving back to their building/warehouse nonstop to reup.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Taxi cab driver in Europe that are union have been turning cars over of uber drivers over there for a while. Uber is a big threat worldwide to labor. People in unions need to get educated about this company. The. Educate others. It's bad.
I'll have to look into this.
Maybe some extra money while running errands.

10 point

Not to mention the increase in vehicle insurance from noncommercial to commercial if they even report it.

If you get into an accident while delivering commercial freight and have that go on to a police report, especially if it's your fault, and you will watch your insurance co walk away.