Amazon impact on ups facilities

JL 0513

One opened near my center this past year, biggest building I've ever seen (footprint). Haven't seen too much of a volume difference, more but not a big difference. The main difference is that the Amazon trailers are usually later to arrive.

542thruNthru

One opened about 2 blocks from our building. It was fine until they hung a big banner on their building that read "say goodbye to UPS"

Now we are like the jets and sharks. You can't even imagine how intimidating we can be when snapping our fingers and dancing by them to make deliveries. IT'S AN ALL OUT WAR OVER HERE!!!

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
One opened about 2 blocks from our building. It was fine until they hung a big banner on their building that read "say goodbye to UPS"

Now we are like the jets and sharks. You can't even imagine how intimidating we can be when snapping our fingers and dancing by them to make deliveries. IT'S AN ALL OUT WAR OVER HERE!!!
IMG_0066.GIF

Northbaypkg

20 NDA stops daily
A big one opened up right down the road from us. I haven't noticed any difference in the way of Amazon volume though. It still seems like it makes up over half of my residential stops. Only thing I could say that's different is we get a lot more Amazon NDA savers. I would have thought we'd see less of the next day stuff with them having their own delivery for the express stuff. I guess they only do same day delivery?

AlliSeeisBrown

We have two fulfillment centers in and near our metro area. All I can say is that during peak, the peak routes, those rentals were nothing but amazon packages. I'd have to say it has helped UPS.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I keep hearing that they are leaving shipping with us? They must be opening a lot of hubs, or buying UPS, because everything in the truck is Amazon?

finaddict

With our infrastructure already in place, and some forward thinking, UPS could have been Amazon. But we remain reactionary moving other peoples packages.

jaker

trolling
We have two fulfillment centers in and near our metro area. All I can say is that during peak, the peak routes, those rentals were nothing but amazon packages. I'd have to say it has helped UPS.
This makes me laugh a little , we have 12 Amazon buildings that effects 4 centers and volume did not drop

We already had an amazon transfer area before all the new facilities. We process an enormous amount of air heading to amazon. volume has been maxed out in this section well before there new facilities, and shows no sign of slowing. See mostly asian packages. lots of electronics. Loaded amazon trailers for my first 2 months. It was brutal, but money in my pocket. There has been a lot of speculation at our hub, that someday down the line amazon will buy out UPS. IDK about all that, but a lot of talk about it

Over 70

We already had an amazon transfer area before all the new facilities. We process an enormous amount of air heading to amazon. volume has been maxed out in this section well before there new facilities, and shows no sign of slowing. See mostly asian packages. lots of electronics. Loaded amazon trailers for my first 2 months. It was brutal, but money in my pocket. There has been a lot of speculation at our hub, that someday down the line amazon will buy out UPS. IDK about all that, but a lot of talk about it

I'm not seeing that at alll

UPS will not sellout to Amazon.

LeadBelly

Banned

How much volume did you lose?