Amazon is attempting to emulate UPS drivers

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
This is 99.6% bull:censored2:, I 'overheard' an Amazon "driver" bitching about having to help out another Amazon driver (DSPs fill up at gas stations near to me).
Honestly I am suprised nobody had the balls yet to start unionizing the company. Everyone in my neck of the woods is obsessed with an amazon general strike and it feels like the ball should be rolling real soon. Walmart is second on the list.

542thruNthru

Honestly I am suprised nobody had the balls yet to start unionizing the company. Everyone in my neck of the woods is obsessed with an amazon general strike and it feels like the ball should be rolling real soon. Walmart is second on the list.

Hard to unionize contractors. Anyone starts spreading it and boom... out of a job.

Plus contractors love to think they are their own boss.

542thruNthru

9/11 was an inside job!!

source-11.gif

Zowert

Hard to unionize contractors. Anyone starts spreading it and boom... out of a job.

Plus contractors love to think they are their own boss.

Exactly. Also, a lot of folks working for minimum wage (or at least near it) are living paycheck to paycheck. Unionizing and potentially walking out would mean no food on the table.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
They're emulating the FXG subcontractor model...

Take a look at the ad in the following thread:

Some bad amazon DSP subcontractors...

I'm doing slightly less work than an Amazonian & is on a bid route with customers and dogs that know me by my first name for about the same pay